• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need a witness to facilitate a signing

4 posts in this topic

this isn't tinder or grinder.  consider giving more info (about the signature opportunity, not your personal info).

Would you answer this ad?  If so, what would you want to know before you even considered responding.  Put that info in.  And then double that amount of info.

Hello I recommended Guy to come here.  He asked me if I knew any CGC witnesses.  He is opening a comic book store in Lindenhurst in the beginning of October.  He has i believe  Bob McLeod coming for a signing on 10/3 and wanted to have a witness there in case anyone wanted to get the sig verified and yellow labeled.  Any more details you will need to ask him.  Hope this helped

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:50 AM, cryptics said:

Hello I recommended Guy to come here.  He asked me if I knew any CGC witnesses.  He is opening a comic book store in Lindenhurst in the beginning of October.  He has i believe  Bob McLeod coming for a signing on 10/3 and wanted to have a witness there in case anyone wanted to get the sig verified and yellow labeled.  Any more details you will need to ask him.  Hope this helped

he came to the right place.  If one pokes around, one could see who some facilitators are and PM those people.  But I'm not surprised no one (other than me) responded based on the original post.  Especially for a person opening a store, you'd think he put out as many details as possible, if not to make it easier to get help then for the free advertising (while asking a good faith question) on a comic forum.

I will say that GENERALLY, for a CGC witness to go to a store signing, they're reasonably sure of a certain number of CGC SS will occur to make it worth their time to go to the show (and do all the paperwork and packaging and mailing and follow-up).  Now that number might be different for each facilitator (based on their fees and geographical and financial situation)  and CGC might even have a minimum to approve the event, so do you or friend think it will be worth it?  Can you/he make guarantees on numbers?  Or can you guys can offer up a bounty (if you offer up $5K for a facilitator to come, I bet you'll get some responses)? 

He might be better off with making his own certificate of authenticity.  But what do I know?