• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Covers of the Silver Age!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:
13 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Never seen that cover before, and it is AWESOME.

My plan is working!  Soon everyone will want Little Dot 119!  Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

People already do. Ebayer, Blissard has been auctioning file copies of these and they always sell for stronger prices than surrounding Little Dot comics. 

It’s not just a cover, it’s a great story!

In it, we encounter a much grimmer Dot, on a manhunt thru Bonnie Dell. See, if  you don’t love dots, then you’re L-7, Daddio!

Dot has come to hunt squares and chew bubble gum, and she’s all outta bubble gum!

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, sfcityduck said:

My plan is working!  Soon everyone will want Little Dot 119!  Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm going to take a modicum of credit for this cover being a break-out. Many years ago, I had this one featured on flickr and it was one of a few postings that had the most views by far. That was back when flickr was relevant and a post of anything from a certain mid-century magazine or an old postcard would drive people over to the Bay, much like the Boards do now for certain genres. Dumb things is, I didn't bother to buy a minty copy first. I guess I'm no Hunt brother...  (shrug)

Since threads dealing with "classic covers" invariably veer off into people's favored covers, I'm offering up these examples with a grain of salt:

Can't leave out that bastion of good taste, Charlton:

35296677.b27db7b5.800.jpg

Romita goodness with a non-superhero bent:

22506679.c6b1cc10.800.jpg

Heath magic:

35296661.e52f4bc1.800.jpg

Gotta have some love for the cartoons of the 60's (even if you call this 15c bronze):

35296683.e2afe2a7.800.jpg

This Cardy Aquaman cover deserves an honorable mention for a great layout:

35297389.4f66bb0d.800.jpg

And one of my all-time favorite silver age covers:

35297407.bed1bc35.800.jpg

Edited by PopKulture

On 9/11/2018 at 9:06 AM, sfcityduck said:

Yeah, it worked. Just bought one. Fits right in with my ZERO other Dots, Baby Hueys, Spookys, yadayadayada...

Thanks for nuthin' SF!

On 4/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, KirbyJack said:

Yeah, it worked. Just bought one. Fits right in with my ZERO other Dots, Baby Hueys, Spookys, yadayadayada...

Thanks for nuthin' SF!

eBay guy refunded me!

Someone must have offered him more after I hit his BIN. He says he damaged it. Rassafrassin’ sidewinder!

On 4/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, johnenock said:

NICE! I need one of these. Reminds me of this one:

MIS 55.jpeg

Man I just can't get enough of those DC grey-tone covers! Any one of them is an instant classic cover.