• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from NJ Art Con
2 2

38 posts in this topic

I sat this one out. With the Manhattan show, Terrificon, and then NYCC just next month, I couldn't justify the trip to see the same dealers again. (Also, feeling a little price fatigue and preferring to buy from fellow collectors lately.)

Sorry! I will try to get some good (bad) shots at NYCC.

Just now, Comic Art Factory said:

thanks a lot.

Many pieces, among them, both Sandman pages, the Defenders cover, and the Silver Surfer Marshall rogers cover have no price written on pencil or a sticker. Do you remember who had those ? And were there many pages without any price mentioned on it ? 

Albert Moys I believe. (maybe not the Rogers SS). No idea on prices as I didn't ask. I did ask the price on the Corben but forget the answer. :blush:

I love the Sergio Toppi, but I was looking for something by him. The Winsor McCay is beautiful.

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

Albert Moys I believe. (maybe not the Rogers SS). No idea on prices as I didn't ask. I did ask the price on the Corben but forget the answer. :blush:

I love the Sergio Toppi, but I was looking for something by him. The Winsor McCay is beautiful.

Thanks for the great pics!!!

19 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Fantastic pics.  Good job and thanks!

12 minutes ago, Infamouspure22 said:

Thanks for the great pics!!!

You are all welcome. I skipped full portfolios of Kirby though! There is so much stuff there and your neck hurts pretty quickly.

I have emailed about two of these pieces since I posted the pictures!

By the way Scott, the whole time I was at Moy's booth he had someone asking about Jim Lee. When will he sign again? When will he appear? It was relentless...you guys do great work that people really respond to.

Edited by Bird

4 hours ago, Stefanomjr said:

Was also in attendance.  Should have taken similar pictures.  Was my first time. Think I spent majority of time at the Moy tables... new found appreciation for Scott's  talent. 

Thanks very much! 

It doesn't matter who the artist is-when you see an original of a favorite penciller or inker for the first time, it's such different experience than seeing the printed version.  Original art has such a presence, and all the little imperfections are intoxicating.

5 hours ago, Bird said:

You are all welcome. I skipped full portfolios of Kirby though! There is so much stuff there and your neck hurts pretty quickly.

I have emailed about two of these pieces since I posted the pictures!

By the way Scott, the whole time I was at Moy's booth he had someone asking about Jim Lee. When will he sign again? When will he appear? It was relentless...you guys do great work that people really respond to.

Thanks Bird.  Always happy to hear that our work stays relevant after all these years!

Weird that Coollines had pricing on everything. I thought they didn't price stuff so that when a customer approached them they would measure them and price accordingly, lol! Who buys from them anyways? I know I don't. I contacted them about a trade so they gave me a price on what they were trading but when I asked them lets put a price on what I am offering they never got back to me! lol, figures.

*sigh* on those Sandman pages! One can only dream. I had to go back and look for that SS cover by Rogers! Its issue #1 but $25k? How much do you guys think would be a good price point for it? Nice cover!