• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from NJ Art Con
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Just now, timguerrero said:

Weird that Coollines had pricing on everything. I thought they didn't price stuff so that when a customer approached them they would measure them and price accordingly, lol! Who buys from them anyways? I know I don't. I contacted them about a trade so they gave me a price on what they were trading but when I asked them lets put a price on what I am offering they never got back to me! lol, figures.

*sigh* on those Sandman pages! One can only dream. I had to go back and look for that SS cover by Rogers! Its issue #1 but $25k? How much do you guys think would be a good price point for it? Nice cover!

They always price at this show. There is an East Coast Donnelly and a West Coast Donnelly (at least in my mind) and when ECDonnelly comes he prices. (With post it notes for easy replacement!) That is why pictures of the coolines booth is essential,to document pricing. I was glad my pics came out fairly well so that prices can be read.

15 minutes ago, timguerrero said:

Weird that Coollines had pricing on everything. I thought they didn't price stuff so that when a customer approached them they would measure them and price accordingly, lol! Who buys from them anyways? I know I don't. I contacted them about a trade so they gave me a price on what they were trading but when I asked them lets put a price on what I am offering they never got back to me! lol, figures.

*sigh* on those Sandman pages! One can only dream. I had to go back and look for that SS cover by Rogers! Its issue #1 but $25k? How much do you guys think would be a good price point for it? Nice cover!

As Bird said, they always price. That being said, the prices are usually strong. 

19 hours ago, Bird said:

okay, here you go. I actually went with the idea that I was very open to buying something if I saw something that struck me. That didn't quite happen, and rather than just buy a Krenkel drawing I left empty handed. Some things to consider over time and I may have seen my next big purchase.

These pics are fairly random. They are mostly Albert Moy's stuff, Scott Eder's, and Coolines (the ones with the stickee prices) Maybe some other odds and ends (the Kieth is at Burkey's). Some are things I like and some are things I thought people might want to see. This Canete is interesting as I got my Canete commission when he wouldn't do Big 2 characters or I would have gotten Doc. Same price even I think. I liked this Conan pose...wtf?

DmmO9cPVsAA1nFT.jpgDmmO35VU8AEhgUb.jpgDmmO9cLUcAAKDf3.jpgDmmO9cVV4AAuyuT.jpgDmmO60XUcAAlz0o.jpgDmmO60YU4AALfYb.jpgDmmO60ZU8AEdeBk.jpgDmmO60cU0AALOSz.jpgDmmO35VU0AA1pDA.jpgDmmO35WU4AAaB2L.jpgDmmO35WUwAAG5Bm.jpgDmmO1dOU4AAenX2.jpgDmmO1dPU8AAjx7o.jpgDmmO1dPUUAAwkyI.jpgDmmO1dRUYAAh3Kn.jpgDmmOzd2VsAA9wAd.jpgDmmOzd0V4AAzuMi.jpgDmmOzd1V4AAX51K.jpgDmmOzdzU8AAPDXS.jpgDmmOsASUcAAYfji.jpgDmmOsAWUYAEHdJm.jpgDmmOsARVsAMmdXE.jpgDmmOsASUYAA6dti.jpg

and I am pretty sure that these are all coolines

DmmOumjUYAAMNOS.jpgDmmOunAUcAA03mg.jpgDmmOunAVsAApsSi.jpgDmmOxLyUUAA6qu1.jpgDmmOxLxUwAAemJ7.jpgDmmOxLxUcAItIAu.jpgDmmOxLxUcAAwdt7.jpgDmmOxLxUcAItIAu.jpg

Whose booth is the one directly above, the one with the 1978 Spider-man calendar?

11 minutes ago, Peter L said:

Whose booth is the one directly above, the one with the 1978 Spider-man calendar?

coolines!  :p  

For myself these pictures are helpful in that you can plan for the next comic art con and just walk in and pay (hopefully the same price). Contacting and dealing with the haggle/trade pleas is not something I would engage in, especially with this option of direct, here you go, cash. 

Edited by Bird

3 hours ago, timguerrero said:

That SS #1 was on ebay unsold a couple years back at 15k. Loved it then - but not so much  the price.

13 minutes ago, Comic Art Factory said:

It was offered at the NY comic Con 4 years ago for 15 K and didn't sell. It was previously sold on Heritage in 2013 for 8.5 K  

Gorgeous cover. 

It's great except Galactus' eyes are too far apart of something. I could never get over that.

21 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Rogers SS was a collector who set up with amazing stuff. It was $25k.

Here are some random pics. Was great meeting fellow boardies and collectors. Some interesting conversations about the market overall.

464A4493-D8D2-46A5-8ABF-E7C7A82332C3.jpeg

1C01AD75-D6C1-43EB-8017-DEE35A8B3912.jpeg

Who had the ASM 208 cover?  What was the ask?

On 9/8/2018 at 10:54 PM, Bird said:

You are all welcome. I skipped full portfolios of Kirby though! There is so much stuff there and your neck hurts pretty quickly.

I have emailed about two of these pieces since I posted the pictures!

By the way Scott, the whole time I was at Moy's booth he had someone asking about Jim Lee. When will he sign again? When will he appear? It was relentless...you guys do great work that people really respond to.

thanks for the pic bird....do you eventually remember who had those two todracula splashes?

1 hour ago, blizzardtonight said:

thanks for the pic bird....do you eventually remember who had those two todracula splashes?

Albert Moy is my guess based on where the photo is in my camera