• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on selling first high value comic on eBay

17 posts in this topic

I'm selling my first high value comic on eBay ($5k).

I hate to sell it but my wife and I are pregnant with our first child.

I'm nervous about getting scammed. Any advice on things I need to be careful about? Thank you for any help.

Do you already have strong eBay feedback or an eBay store?  If not you might as well sell it through an auction house and let them worry about it.  You pay a fee but piece of mind and convenience are worth a lot when your wife is pregnant

also you can video your whole process of wrapping, taping, labeling, and dropping the package at the post office, all in one take, no cuts.

I recently sold an FF 1 here to a great buyer. Posted, got paid, and had it dropped off at the fedex office in about 2 hours. Only PayPal fees. Try that on eBay. I strongly recommend selling it here.

I would never do a high value comic on eBay. Just not worth the risk considering the quality of members, and strength of the community here.

my .02

Edited by Tempus Fugit

18 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

I recently sold an FF 1 here to a great buyer. Posted, got paid, and had it dropped off at the fedex office in about 2 hours. Only PayPal fees. Try that on eBay. I strongly recommend selling it here.

I would never do a high value comic on eBay. Just not worth the risk considering the quality of members, and strength of the community here.

my .02

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I have to agree that, when it comes to high-priced hobby items, dealing outside of eBay and within communities offer better experiences.

With all that being said, its not perfect here either (although its pretty great).  For more piece of mind, you can go with one of the major auction houses - heritage, comiclink, or comicconnect.   They charge fees, but those fees give you peace of mind, for whatever that's worth to you (everyone is different)

On 9/8/2018 at 8:13 AM, revat said:

Do you already have strong eBay feedback or an eBay store?  If not you might as well sell it through an auction house and let them worry about it.  You pay a fee but piece of mind and convenience are worth a lot when your wife is pregnant

also you can video your whole process of wrapping, taping, labeling, and dropping the package at the post office, all in one take, no cuts.

This

......and some auction houses seem to have an in-house shiller to insure you get your price....

16 hours ago, ThothAmon said:
18 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

in-house shiller

I'm more of an outhouse shi!!er.

Somebody's got to shovel the sh..... It ain't gonna shovel itself

Edited by Jerkfro

Signature Confirmation is huge. Also, its much less risky to sell a slabbed comic than raw on ebay. I'm actually in the process of trying to be scammed out of 305.00 for a raw comic right now. All I can do is wait now. I also recommend using one bank account only for ebay/paypal just in case they let a scammer scam you. This way you can just shut it down and keep your money.