• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Same grade but different page quality question

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if this question has been answered before but I could not locate a topic about it. With that being said, does page quality affect grade or is it more like a bonus? For example, I found two CGC 9.2 graded books, one with off-white to white pages and the other with white pages. If it does alter the grade, does this technically mean the off-white page book is in slightly better condition than the white page book?  

32 minutes ago, finalfan7asy said:

Sorry if this question has been answered before but I could not locate a topic about it. With that being said, does page quality affect grade or is it more like a bonus? For example, I found two CGC 9.2 graded books, one with off-white to white pages and the other with white pages. If it does alter the grade, does this technically mean the off-white page book is in slightly better condition than the white page book?  

I don't believe Page Quality would come into play for a book in 9.2. It may come into play for the valuation. I am a White Page junkie and will always pay a premium for White.

27 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't believe Page Quality would come into play for a book in 9.2. It may come into play for the valuation. I am a White Page junkie and will always pay a premium for White.

Good to know. I'm particular about spine fold alignment. The book with white pages is slightly misaligned. The off-white book has what appears to be an ideal fold. Both books are about the same cost when you consider shipping fees and the website you buy it from, so I suppose it comes down to preference hm      

White pages.JPG

Off-white pages.JPG