• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excellent DEVO music video featuring IRON MAN

11 posts in this topic

It is excellent.  A coworker of mine turned me on to DEVO in 1980 or 1981, when I was working on the Mt. Hood National Forest,  and I saw them live in some intimate venue in Portland about that time - they were excellent.  I still skulk youtube to this day for neat DEVO vids.

Sadly, my ex-GF, who I went to the concert with, and who was an angel, passed away about three years ago.  Since she was of cowgirl heritage, I'm not sure she appreciated it as much as me. :foryou: 

16 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It is excellent.  A coworker of mine turned me on to DEVO in 1980 or 1981, when I was working on the Mt. Hood National Forest,  and I saw them live in some intimate venue in Portland about that time - they were excellent.  I still skulk youtube to this day for neat DEVO vids.

Sadly, my ex-GF, who I went to the concert with, and who was an angel, passed away about three years ago.  Since she was of cowgirl heritage, I'm not sure she appreciated it as much as me. :foryou: 

You saw them in P'town back then !!  Awesome !!  I saw them about 3 or 4 years ago at the Crystal Ballroom for this albums tour.  They did NOT play Human Rocket.  The Iron Man editing is really good, but I always thought of this song as being about Islamic suicide bombers :( 

4 hours ago, Senormac said:

You saw them in P'town back then !!  Awesome !!  I saw them about 3 or 4 years ago at the Crystal Ballroom for this albums tour.  They did NOT play Human Rocket.  The Iron Man editing is really good, but I always thought of this song as being about Islamic suicide bombers :( 

You know, if it is good music, and you enjoy it, then don't feel guilty about enjoying it. I love a lot of old Cat Stevens stuff that I grew up with, and I don't worry about the here and now.  He was  great artist for his time - actually, any time.

Yeah - the DEVO concert was some place with about 3-5 K seats downtown - I'm sure a Portlandite of that time could tell you where.  It's possible that Randi, the ex-GF, made the arrangements, because I liked them so much.  She was the type to hold her nose and do that for other people.  I wish she was still around, so that I could express how much richness she brought to my life.  Hopefully, she is reading/feeling this from heaven, as I'm sure she is there on a goat farm.  Her ideal ultimate of heaven.

7 hours ago, Phicks said:

Devo is also the band on stage in this scene from Heavy Metal, starting at the 1:25 mark.  Strangely, this song "Through Being Cool" was not on the Heavy Metal soundtrack.

That's cool.  Never saw that before. 

Huge Devo fan. One of the great concepts in rock music, and such great songs as well. They really understood the idea of combining the music with an aesthetic, from their movies to their videos to their albums. 

I never thought I'd get to see them, but they finally came through town when touring "Something for Everybody". Of course Josh Freese was drumming with them by then, so it wasn't the classic lineup, but at least I got to see them before Bob 2 passed. :(

Still got my blue energy dome and a shred of Mark's suit that he threw from the stage. Amazing show.

Saw Devo in 1979 at the Palladium in Dallas.  One of the best concerts I ever attended.

Bought the yellow radiation suit at the concession stand after the show.  Still have it somewhere.

When I was playing guitar in a bar band in the early 80's we included Blockhead, Girl-U-Want, and

Freedom of Choice in our set.