• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone remember www.ComicCollector.net 2003 Catalog?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Somethings have gone way up and other books remain the same in the hobby.The old labels most times had strict grading and no Newton rings to deal with and cheaper grading costs to boot.I keep most of those  from auction houses because i save everything that's what makes the wife crazy! 

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

Print is too small to read but since it was Marnin, I'm guessing prices were higher in the catalogue than at today's market :whistle:

So true, but in at least a few cases books that wound up being top census copies and were scarce in ultra high grade sold first as raw books at relative bargains.  The Massachusetts copy of ASM #11 that Marnin graded a 9.4 and listed for $4550 wound up in a 9.6 CGC slab and sold for over $20K.

I don't fault Marnin for his pricing in this catalog simply because JP had already paved the way with his 2002 Milennium Catalog. JP certainly struck gold a year earlier with prices realized.

As you look through these circa 2000 catalogs, the most interesting thing is the lack of 9.6 material :wink:

12 hours ago, fingfangfoom said:

I don't fault Marnin for his pricing in this catalog simply because JP had already paved the way with his 2002 Milennium Catalog. JP certainly struck gold a year earlier with prices realized.

As you look through these circa 2000 catalogs, the most interesting thing is the lack of 9.6 material :wink:

I've still got my copy of Parrino's catalogue from 2002. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu