• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keeping your collection private
4 4

204 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, cstojano said:

Geez, even further destroying lack of faith in the system. I can't tell you how many times I have thought about putting an offer in but feel the entire process is fruitless so don't bother. 

I’ve hit the button and made a few offers on sold art for auctions I missed. Never heard back on any of them.  I later found the owner of one of the pieces on CAF and he stated he never agreed to that option to even field offers.  On top of that, he never received correspondence from HA concerning my offer.

9 minutes ago, Peter L said:

On one particular piece of art, I saw the description "This is not for sale.  Do not contact me, I won't respond."

I can see why some are persistent though.  I have seen art listed as NFS and then when I ask where the art went, I was told it was sold by someone making an offer.  This has happened quite a bit.  

I usually try to answer but sometimes I'm too busy.

I've had that happen as well.  I've inquired about a page with another collector or artist and they "are not selling it"  then I see the page posted on CAF in someone's collection.  

There's a fine line between persistent and PITA.  I'd rather miss a piece and maintain my reputation as not being a jerk (if that is in fact the case ¬¬ )

13 minutes ago, Peter L said:

On one particular piece of art, I saw the description "This is not for sale.  Do not contact me, I won't respond."

I can see why some are persistent though.  I have seen art listed as NFS and then when I ask where the art went, I was told it was sold by someone making an offer.  This has happened quite a bit.  

I usually try to answer but sometimes I'm too busy.

I’ve bought several pieces off of CAF listed as NFS. That’s the default setting anyway when you upload a piece. My messages usually state my admiration for the piece and that if they ever decide to sell, to keep me in mind. I leave my email and that’s that.  I usually get a polite response back thanking me for my interest and that they will keep my contact details if and when that day comes.