• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting multiple books with multiple signatures witnessed at a convention

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm planning to get around 30 comics signed and verified at an upcoming convention by 2-3 artists in attendance. My question is about the best way to go about this? cgc will have a booth there and I want to know if I should set anything up ahead of time because of the volume and logistics of having both starlin and lim signatures witnessed? I'm thinking about starting the paperwork online to save some time. One book i want to get signed by cates, starlin, and lim. Anyone have experience doing this at a convention, any tips would be helpful thanks!

Definitely talk to them early. Sometimes they have autograph sessions set up in advance with creators that are expected to get a large number of autograph requests for books to be graded. They may have times when they'll have more witnesses available, that may be better times to get your sigs done. Also, I'd talk to the creators that you're hoping to get 30 sigs from beforehand, to make sure that they're okay with signign that many books

I’m culling it down to around 15 for one artist to be witnessed and about 5 each for two others. The rest of my copies I just want to get signed with a coa as I don’t think they are going to be very high grade. I’m not trying to hammer anyone and will be seeking out the cgc table early on Friday to try and get set up with a time that works out best for the creators. Thanks for advice! I’m going to need to work on some of the logistics once the photo ops, programming, and celeb signings times come out. I’ll just have to coordinate a few runs through the lines ?

Edited by Brakke33

On 9/8/2018 at 6:31 PM, Brakke33 said:

Hello all, I'm planning to get around 30 comics signed and verified at an upcoming convention by 2-3 artists in attendance. My question is about the best way to go about this? cgc will have a booth there and I want to know if I should set anything up ahead of time because of the volume and logistics of having both starlin and lim signatures witnessed? I'm thinking about starting the paperwork online to save some time. One book i want to get signed by cates, starlin, and lim. Anyone have experience doing this at a convention, any tips would be helpful thanks!

Welcome to the forums! You might get a better response by posting or moving your post to the sig room sub forum: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/48-the-signature-room/

Lots of good info there.

Good luck

Edited by Avi

there may not be COA's available in every case for every artist, just so you know.  Just be mindful of the limits for each artist, and their fees.  Even if they don't charge fees normally (like Lim), if the volume is high you should probably toss him some cabbage.

My father was a cabbage patch doll and he counseled me in the ways of the cabbage, always toss never throw. I’m trying to get the infinity gauntlet saga (?) signed starting with iron man 55, then captain marvel 33, avengers annual 7, silver surfer 34,44..Thanos Quest 1,2 and infinity gauntlet 1-6, it won’t be every last issue in the gauntlet run but I also have a death of captain marvel and very nice copy of dr weird 1 that Starlin did with RR Martin and the Texas trio. Ron Lim would be real nice to get on the surfer, quest, and maybe war books. I guess I never thought about a limit the creators would set? I definitely have budgeted about a grand just for the signatures if I can get them.

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Just don't throw it at him. Cabbage is hard and heavy. There have been more than a few cabbage-related injuries and even deaths in recent years.

maxresdefault.jpg