• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Collection: Golden Age Single Owner DC Timely Quality MLJ etc

53 posts in this topic

Hi JD

Are you indeed the famous Johnny Double?

robert beerbohm hail.gif

Excelent!!!.... 893applaud-thumb.gif...just like a magician to mis-direct the audience so he can pull off his next trick,...tell you what Bob,...I'll answer that question,...when you post a Paypal return showing the refund for Ty's books that he sent you over a month ago for that happy refund that you offer,...Allakazzoo....

- you are a fool

I already mentioned Tyler in this fascinating thread as the one who had his package stomped on by some one in the post office system, just go back and read - nothing mysterious there - all out in the spot light previously to your hat trick here - i have nothing to hide.

I just got Tyler's package back from Canada just a few days ago - what "month" are you talking about?

I have been in communication with Tyler all along - and have the emails to demonstrate such a fact

I suppose i could post them all here, let's just widen the scope, but will post just a couple of them:

To:

Subject: Re: Fw: Tomahawks Back from Comicon Calif

Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:27:13 -0600

Hello Robert, I still have the mailer and cardboard, one corner got bashed in and damaged the comics. If you would like I can pack it all up, in a box and send it back for you to exam. Thank you very much for the reply. Ty

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:39:16 -0600

Hello Mr. Beerbohm, just wanted to check and see if the Tomahawks have arrived yet. Thanks, talk to you later. Ty

Now, i just signed for them a few days ago and sent him an email i have not gotten a reply to yet. I guess it takes a while for mail to come down from Canada some times.

Here is what i sent him:

Hi Tyler

I got back from the west coast this past week end, got yer package OK, have gone thru them - noting the damage to the mailer i sent out - looks like a cart went over the corner

Monday morning i received a letter from an older couple up north they had a batch of old comics for sale - and i immediatey made arrangements with them to go up there 10 hours drive, was gone a couple days, am back now going thru catching up on the mail which piled up while i was gone

I guess your package from canada arrived while i was gone 12 days out west

- i think i have some of these as dups in the same same shape

my phone number appears in every tag line of every email i send out as well as in my Overstreet PG ads and the dealer directory

you have always had it

best

bob

--

Robert Beerbohm Comic Art

PO Box 507 Fremont, Nebraska 68026

beerbohm@teknetwork.com (402)-727-4071

next?

...Fantastic!!,...so now all you have to do is give him the refund!!,..man we are wrapping things up here,...see what happens when you work as a team,....by the way I was reading some old threads today and I came across this one,... Dealer throws hissy-fit and threatens to cancel check ,...you were at the Apple show in November weren't you "Bob"?,...any clue who this guy was?.....

I have sent four emails to Tyler since June 25 when i returned from the west coast - and have not gotten a reply from him as of yet.

I also just emailed him asking him if he wants to air all this on this thread.

His package was damaged by the some one in the post office in transit

- an earlier email from him noted the books he bought were in conditions he would have wanted to keep, but for the crushed corner caused by the post office, right thru the heavy card board packing i use

you need to get laid

bob,

remember me? i'm the guy that had to call the NE attorney general to get a refund a full 4 months after buying a bunch of [embarrasing lack of self control] you called NM+. Hope you're feeling better or maybe it's time to start trotting out that old excuse.

bob,

remember me? i'm the guy that had to call the NE attorney general to get a refund a full 4 months after buying a bunch of [embarrasing lack of self control] you called NM+. Hope you're feeling better or maybe it's time to start trotting out that old excuse.

...Were the pages supple and white?.....cause Bob considers that more a determination for a NM book than creases, folds and tears.....Bob's all about the page quality.....

bob,

...Were the pages supple and white?.....cause Bob considers that more a determination for a NM book than creases, folds and tears.....Bob's all about the page quality.....

Then I see a selling opportunity to unload "NM" white pagers to Bob. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow. This thread has really deteriorated. But quite honestly, all it's doing right now is presenting more evidence that something fishy has been going on if a number of people have had problems getting refunds. This isn't just one person.

I will say this: you never hear the can't get a refund song from most of the reputable dealers... and to hear it now from another person (not rocketeer) I think we should all take notice... not jump to conclusions, but clearly, at best, the business practices need to be reevaluated. Even if it's negligence and poor business, either way, it needs to be corrected.

I have sent four emails to Tyler since June 25 when i returned from the west coast - and have not gotten a reply from him as of yet.

I also just emailed him asking him if he wants to air all this on this thread.

His package was damaged by the some one in the post office in transit

- an earlier email from him noted the books he bought were in conditions he would have wanted to keep, but for the crushed corner caused by the post office, right thru the heavy card board packing i use

you need to get laid

I bought some comics from Bob that I had no problem getting a refund on when I returned them...for what it's worth. confused-smiley-013.gif

I had an interesting experience with Bob indirectly.

I posted a copy of a Platinum Age book entitled MUTT and JEFF in the Trenches from 1916 which Overstreet listed 3 years ago as VERY RARE at the time is listed it.

I mentioned in my auction description that the book was very rare and almost unique.

I received a TERSE email from Bob, insisting that I was hyping the book to novice collectors on Ebay, since after all, he is the PLATINUM/VICTORIAN age expert and "wrote the book" so to speak on this era.

I felt violated as quite frankly, Bob had no right to browbeat me on this and it was none of his business.

I am an Ebay Silver Powerseller and have NEVER attempted to meddle in other peoples auctions.

Ironically the following year the book was listed as "SCARCE", not as "VERY RARE" in Overstreet.

My two cents.