• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten Copies or less, CGC Census, based on OSG value
2 2

134 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

HIT Comics #19 (9.2 OW, Rockford copy, 7 total in census; $119 in 2.0 last time I checked)…

e1da0f5a-72e9-48f4-86d3-35f0d7c402e2_zps

(worship) Beautiful!  That's one you never see. Off topic, Reed Crandell , good Lord he was great.  Cat , did you get the book on Reed Crandell by Roger Hill ? Incredible book , I loved it. The art , stories. etc. Roger Hill put out a book to be proud of. I know Reed would be smiling!!  :cloud9:

4 hours ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

(worship) Beautiful!  That's one you never see. Off topic, Reed Crandell , good Lord he was great.  Cat , did you get the book on Reed Crandell by Roger Hill ? Incredible book , I loved it. The art , stories. etc. Roger Hill put out a book to be proud of. I know Reed would be smiling!!  :cloud9:

Absolutely!!! In fact, I would've bought a second copy at the OAFcon last year just to get Roger's signature, but the copies on hand were sold out the first day and Roger didn't have any spares.  I'm pretty sure Roger will be back this year and I'll correct that oversight on my part. (thumbsu

Pre Pre-Code Covers like this one deserve their own Thread considering how popular the genre is now. There are a few noteworthy Super hero (Our Flag 5) and pre hero ones (Keen Detective #9) that fit the bill. I see the new OSPG notes this one as 'Classic Horror Bondage Killer Dwarf' cover. I couldn't agree more.

2018/19 OSPG $181 in 2.0  (9 copies on the Census)

Green Hornet Comics #8.jpg

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Pre Pre-Code Covers like this one deserve their own Thread considering how popular the genre is now. There are a few noteworthy Super hero (Our Flag 5) and pre hero ones (Keen Detective #9) that fit the bill. I see the new OSPG notes this one as 'Classic Horror Bondage Killer Dwarf' cover. I couldn't agree more.

Let's not get carried away.  You're absolutely right that pre-code horror is hot, but don'cha think there are enough genre, title, publisher, pedigree, double cover, triple cover, banner color, bondage and breast measurement threads in Gold already? OK, I made that last one up, but have you considered the possibility that starting a pre-code killer dwarf thread might come up short? (:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Keeping abreast of too many words.

8 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Let's not get carried away.  You're absolutely right that pre-code horror is hot, but don'cha think there are enough genre, title, publisher, pedigree, double cover, triple cover, banner color, bondage and breast measurement threads in Gold already? OK, I made that last one up, but have you considered the possibility that starting a pre-code killer dwarf thread might come up short? (:

lol lol

Clever joke!

No, i meant just examples of genuine 'Horror' covers before the 'official' Pre Code genre began.

But you're right:  They can just be shared in one of the many frequently bumped Pre code themed Threads already (thumbsu

Edited by sagii

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Ahhh yeah! That would have certianly got my dime a lot faster than some dopey Superman or Archie comic back in the day. Besides, I collect Midget, horror bondage covers.  :roflmao:

3 hours ago, sagii said:

@Cat-Man_America so there IS a market for it! :D

I'm dubious, ...are you sure Robot Man isn't a spambot. :grin:

48 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I think he is much too handsome there.

I'm trying to imagine Jughead without glasses... hm

83dbb0e6-d8f2-4554-91b2-ae8036bc1554_zps

OK, that's a mental image I can't unsee! :whatthe:

13 hours ago, sagii said:

Killer copy of a killer book C!!!!!! These Harvey film strip covers are already superb and tough as nails but this one is just awesome!! would love to own a copy someday!!

Speaking of the spooky vertically challenged creature on the cover has anyone ever seen the horror fantasy movie Troll that came out in the mid 80s? Kind of a strange similarity there I think it’s the dark offset eyes MAN that movie creeped me out when I was little haha!! 

Edited by gino2paulus2

Champ Comics 22 there are only 4 total copies of this one on the census. Another classic relatively hard to find Harvey film strip issue that has the hero horror mashup that myself as well as few other boardies have come to seek out and love!! wink wink @sagii

Champ Comics #22

4 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Champ Comics 22 there are only 4 total copies of this one on the census. Another classic relatively hard to find Harvey film strip issue that has the hero horror mashup that myself as well as few other boardies have come to seek out and love!! wink wink @sagii

Champ Comics #22

:applause:Absolutely fits the bill Gino! Hooded skull faced men, woman in red, dungeon like dwellings. The Harvey filmstrip covers are truly TOUGH, as boardies like you, @Robot Man, myself and others who actively watch for them can attest to. There are a handful i have seen for sale in years!

Smart grab!

FD0526CB-1941-40C0-9CD3-50E02929ABAC.thumb.jpeg.09d2a8d23d0e9b1d6eda1e8e42998616.jpeg

2898F361-515C-4658-8A82-C562A7C52638.jpeg.ad94678ea473b23f78b34c45cb8e616b.jpeg

EDF04F6B-5180-4079-B074-2AF33A9175D1.thumb.png.c2304b82aaad700c0a6e4c25a2206436.png

Not sure on OSPG prices since I don’t have it with me, so Iadded the gpa.

I bid up the 6.0 copy but still think it was a bargain.  

I didn’t know about the 7.5 one last month since I love mine and stopped looking, but looks like there’s more than just 2 people interested.  I might’ve bid on it if I was aware.  

Not sure if this helps at all.

HIT Comics #23 (10 copies in census, 8 universal grade). This is an old label, universal 8.0 copy (OW/W), $109 in 2.0 when last checked. Not sure about the art cred. on this one (looks like Eisner more than Crandall or perhaps a collaboration), great cover though...

46eb13cf-6eff-492b-a1e0-520d051eeae7_zps

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

HIT Comics #23 (10 copies in census, 8 universal grade). This is an old label, universal 8.0 copy (OW/W), $109 in 2.0 when last checked. Not sure about the art cred. on this one (looks like Eisner more than Crandall or perhaps a collaboration), great cover though...

46eb13cf-6eff-492b-a1e0-520d051eeae7_zps

With the red cloak, haircut & mustache you'd think you were looking at Dr. Strange!

3 minutes ago, Timely said:

With the red cloak, haircut & mustache you'd think you were looking at Dr. Strange!

True, but Stormy needs to work on the lower part of that costume.  Short shorts, white pull-up athletic socks, and black square-toed dress shoes.