• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten Copies or less, CGC Census, based on OSG value
2 2

133 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

True, but Stormy needs to work on the lower part of that costume.  Short shorts, white pull-up athletic socks, and black square-toed dress shoes.

...but the short-shorts are an important part of Stormy's costume! Oh, wait a minute, ...I was thinking of the other Stormy! :blush:

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Here’s another tough one you don’t see all too often not even in hand yet I received a notification from a want list and when i saw the grade and the price I didn’t hesitate especially after seeing what some of these are brining and being asked for even in low grade with resto. Just an awesome Simon cover there are only 3 universals on the census and 1 restored I present Speed Comics 22 (my fav #!!!) You will notice a few of the recently posted books on the back cover as well!!

Speed Comics 22Speed Comics 22

Awesome, Gino! 

8 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Here’s another tough one you don’t see all too often not even in hand yet I received a notification from a want list and when i saw the grade and the price I didn’t hesitate especially after seeing what some of these are brining and being asked for even in low grade with resto. Just an awesome Simon cover there are only 3 universals on the census and 1 restored I present Speed Comics 22 (my fav #!!!) You will notice a few of the recently posted books on the back cover as well!!

Speed Comics 22Speed Comics 22

GINOOOOOOOO! 

:golfclap:What a score!! That is an extremely TOUGH book, and one i have been chasing for years. The Berk copy (which was restored so I passed) was the first copy for sale I had seen EVER since i began my hunt for it years before. Wow, and the back cover is just amazing, Simon was on the ball that month. Absolutely stunning War cover (if Simon did it for Timely with Captain America instead of Harvey with Captain Freedom, it'd be among the highest priced War themed covers to obtain).Just a masterpiece!

Major MAJOR congrats on this one! (worship) (worship)

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I think you'd have to request the graders notes to get that specific.  Maybe Matt should chime in.  :shy:

Graders notes on that one are pricey, heck you'd have to be multimillionaire...

On 9/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, skypinkblu said:

Nice thread, but forgive me  I think I'll go back to posting  on the first one. Overstreet has it's pluses but pricing does not seem to be the best one lately and looking up one statistic is enough for me;)  :sorry:

Understood, but for the purposes of this thread, it seems like a good baseline.  My assumption ...based on reasonable logic... is that GA books valued at under $100 in the lowest OSG grade would be less likely to be submitted except in the highest grades (increasing the inaccuracy of census representation).  Modern books are graded for different reasons, often because speculation factors in, but GA prices are pretty stable.  Granted, many books are undervalued in the OSG, but some kind of arbitrary criterion was needed to justify low census submission numbers while reflecting the value of books.  Just my two cents, no inflation adjustment. ;)

Edited by Cat-Man_America

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

ZIP Comics #27 (9.2 White, Edgar Church, 8 uni. copies, 9 total in census; $239 in 2.0 when last checked)...

2fae0f91-9f9b-44b6-9e02-ee4c7194beeb_zps

Is it rare or most keep it raw because of that crazy splash page :headbang: