• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOS and Posting Privileges
3 3

HALL OF SHAME  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should hall of shame members lose posting privileges/be banned while on the list?

• YES
    • NO

97 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:
3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Agreed. There have been a couple exceptions, Solarcadet springs to mind. 

Symbiote as well 

True, but I don't think those two guys were as egregious or persistent as the impetus for this poll.

Maybe my impression.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Symbiote as well 

BRAVO for using actual board names. 

Moving forward, I wish we would all agree to that practice. 

5 minutes ago, newshane said:

Symbiote as well 

Symbiote and solarcadet aren't around to complain to moderation.

:whistle:

9 minutes ago, newshane said:

Not my problem if someone uses their real name as their board name. 

Not my problem if someone tries to change their name repeatedly to hide who they are. 

The criminal should not complain that their mugshot makes them look funny when it is published in the paper. 

14 minutes ago, newshane said:
4 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Symbiote as well 

I used to refer to him as Solarcadoosh :cloud9:

I thought I would make one post here about this topic.  I feel that one has the right to post one time that someone is on the Pro/Hos list.  Doing so a second time in the same thread, I consider trolling.  

If someone from these lists is buying or selling on the forum, that is a different story.  I feel that "the list" could be mentioned whenever the person tries to buy and sell, with no moderator action.  

The thing is, these people have a right to post according to the current board rules.  If the rules change, moderation will change accordingly.    Again, this is my personal opinion.  I hope this helps.    

Well, I know who most people are referring to here, but I was even more stunned when a repeat offender opened a thread about opening comic shops. I mean this guy did a lot of people dirty on this board, and now he's giving financial advice? Nuts.

8 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Well, I know who most people are referring to here, but I was even more stunned when a repeat offender opened a thread about opening comic shops. I mean this guy did a lot of people dirty on this board, and now he's giving financial advice? Nuts.

He's been welcomed back with open arms. I'm all for second chances but fourth and fifth, and sixth, etc chances not so much. Nuts indeed

6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

He's been welcomed back with open arms. I'm all for second chances but fourth and fifth, and sixth, etc chances not so much. Nuts indeed

I know nothing about it, and the Thread is interesting (although some of the Business 101 stuff is confusing), why would the person be welcomed back with open arms? I did read that he stated all previous matters were settled a long time ago. Is there confirmation of this? Who polices the police, as to whether the matter/matters were settled? Do the original harmed members report a satisfactory conclusion? 

13 hours ago, cgcmod8 said:

I thought I would make one post here about this topic.  I feel that one has the right to post one time that someone is on the Pro/Hos list.  Doing so a second time in the same thread, I consider trolling.  

If someone from these lists is buying or selling on the forum, that is a different story.  I feel that "the list" could be mentioned whenever the person tries to buy and sell, with no moderator action.  

The thing is, these people have a right to post according to the current board rules.  If the rules change, moderation will change accordingly.    Again, this is my personal opinion.  I hope this helps.    

What about PM sales/requests as was the case with Mr. Cataldo recently?  See,  ban hammer is the best policy if you're on the HOS list.  I feel like probation still have a chance to make things right except for old cases such as Mr. House.  Mr. Cataldo is thumbing his nose at mods.  This guy has been doing this since as far back as 1998.  nineteen friggin 98, Mr. House probably longer. 

If you had said the above to me on what you consider trolling in the PM instead of going around the merry go round, I would have understood what you were saying and Mod0 wouldn't have had to get involved.

47 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I know nothing about it, and the Thread is interesting (although some of the Business 101 stuff is confusing), why would the person be welcomed back with open arms? I did read that he stated all previous matters were settled a long time ago. Is there confirmation of this? Who polices the police, as to whether the matter/matters were settled? Do the original harmed members report a satisfactory conclusion? 

Ask the ton of people who are cheering Lighthouse on in his store opening thread.  He said he took care of everything but chose to remain on Probation.  I highly doubt he took care of everyone or there would have been mass appeal to remove his name anyway.  

Just now, Pirate said:

Ask the ton of people who are cheering Lighthouse on in his store opening thread.  He said he took care of everything but chose to remain on Probation.  I highly doubt he took care of everyone or there would have been mass appeal to remove his name anyway.  

Thank you. I did note that the name is still on the HOS Probation List as of 5/7/18. It is a bit odd that someone would choose to remain on Probation. People are people, I guess.

That does not, to me, signify any finite conclusion that his situation should be "judged" any different from the other being discussed. I am not referring to the issue of trolling, etc. That is not for me to decide, by any means, regardless of my personal opinion.

Do you mean probation list or HOS? From my understanding there is no getting off the HOS list.

Did you return money to people who donated to your gofundme page?

Edited by Logan510

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Do you mean probation list or HOS? From my understanding there is no getting off the HOS list.

Did you return money to people who donated to your gofundme page?

Those who donated that requested refunds were refunded long ago. Those that purchased things from me were either refunded or sent their merchandise long ago. If there's anyone I missed, I again urge them to contact me so we can work things out. I don't expect to be taken off any lists but am just trying to set things right.