• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] ChiSoxFan's 6th Annual Mega Sale -- 20% OFF ALL Books except for Detective #411, Defenders #1 (Price drop!), Tec' #411 (Price Dropped Again!), Legion Adventures, and lots, lots more! Recap Page 21!
1 1

428 posts in this topic

Welcome to my 6th Annual Mega Sale!   Recap found HERE.  ALL BOOKS (EXCEPT FOR THE DETECTIVE #411) NOW 20% OFF!

I usually run a sale like this during the spring, but I have enough undercopies and various other books hanging around, that I decided to not wait until the spring for a new sale. I have a lot of books to move, so here's to hoping we'll find nice, new homes for them! 

I'm not sure how long, or how many books are going to be included, though.  The bigger "keys", along with a number of books I haven't offered before, will be listed first, then everything else alphabetically.  How far I get though that alphabet before calling an end to the sale will depend on a number of factors not all in my control.  I've been absent from here for a couple of months dealing with medical issues across the entirety of my immediate family -- my wife, my father, and myself.  Between that and work, time constraints might have me calling a premature end to the sale, but the goal is to list as much as I can.  If nothing else, it'll be nice to see familar faces stopping in to say hello. :foryou:

The plan is for this sale to have a lot of books listed over the next four days/nights, a handful over the weekend, and more next week.  This sale could run as long as three weeks, or a short as one -- again, other factors will be at play.  That said, if anyone wants to check out at any time before I officially close the thread, I'm happy to do so with them. 

What's for sale:  A handful of new books,  including some nice keys in affordable condition, along with a lot of stuff that's hanging around from previous sales and undercopies of books I've upgraded.  Some high grade, a lot of books that are mid-to-lower grade, and hopefully a little something for everyone.  Almost all of the "keys" and the new books will be listed at the start, with books from previous sales coming afterward alphabetically (though I always reserve the right to throw a surprise or two in later as the sale goes along to keep people on their toes).

About me: I have had a very large number of transactions that have gone very smoothly with many long-standing members here, including many, many sales threads -- you can see my kudos HERE.  I've done deals with so many people here, I've almost lost count!  If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll do my best to answer them for you. 

I'll be happy to answer any PM's, but the :takeit:in the thread is king if we haven't come to a definitive agreement.  If for some reason someone takes it in a PM while someone is taking it in the thread, the time stamp will determine who gets the book.  Books must be specifically claimed in the thread or via PM.  I'll be invoicing at the end of the thread, but I'll be glad to do so beforehand for anyone if they request it.

No HOS or Probation List members, please. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I may have on ignore (not that it's many, but if I do, it was for a reason. hm).

Shipping: Shipping will be by U.S.P.S., packed securely in boxes, via Priority Mail and at cost.  Sorry, no Media Mail.  Sorry, only U.S and Canadian orders at this time.  If you decide to check out early, I should be able to ship to you within 48 hours of payment.  

Payment: PayPal only preferred on this thread, no personal. If wanting to pay by check or money order, I'll do so if I've done business with you before, but please contact me by PM first.  Payment is expected within 5 days of an invoice unless you check with me before buying. Again, I plan to invoice at the end of the thread, but you're welcome to request a check out earlier if you want. :foryou:

Returns: Returns are accepted for any reason so long as you let me know within 5 days of receiving your order.  Buyer pays return shipping, unless I've made a mistake, in which case I promise I'll make it right.  I feel my grading is solid, but especially with this volume of books, I'm as human as anyone else and might make a mistake. In the end, the main thing is that I want anyone purchasing here to be happy when they're done and feel they can buy with confidence.   (thumbsu

So let's get it underway, shall we?   :banana:

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Recap link edited

Fantastic Four #6 -- 1st Marvel Villain Team-Up -- APP F -- APP 6.0 -- $400 -- SOLD via PM

This book has been reinforced at the staples with tape on the interior.  My best guess is that the cover was detached at some point, and then reattached with the tape providing extra support.  A beautiful Mylar book of a major key at an affordable price.  This is not an undercopy, so if it doesn't sell, I won't be devastated.

I've taken pictures of the tape on the interior as well as the front and back scans.

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0005.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0006.jpg

Spoiler

j7u5Omth.jpg

Spoiler

EPqlQZQh.jpg

Spoiler

aKPUakRh.jpg

Spoiler

Vls4MKJh.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Amazing Spider-Man #43 -- 1st full appearance of Mary Jane Watson -- CGC 8.0 (OW pages) -- $225 -- SOLD to davet75

I don't own a scanner for slabs, so I hope the pictures come out clearly enough.

Spoiler

UdUNQF2h.jpg

Spoiler

yIRXbgNh.jpg

Spoiler

qfs5KsUh.jpg

Spoiler

2JXx532h.jpg

Spoiler

KMy5hnyh.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold!

Marvel Feature #1 -- 1st appearance of The Defenders -- F/VF -- 7.0 -- $100 -- BOOK NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Tongie Farm Collection Copy -- comes with certificate.  Slight Crunch upper back cover.

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0015.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0016.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer available

5 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Amazing Spider-Man #43 -- 1st full appearance of Mary Jane Watson -- CGC 8.0 (OW pages) -- $225

I don't own a scanner for slabs, so I hope the pictures come out clearly enough.

Spoiler

Spoiler

UdUNQF2h.jpg

Spoiler

yIRXbgNh.jpg

Spoiler

qfs5KsUh.jpg

Spoiler

2JXx532h.jpg

Spoiler

KMy5hnyh.jpg

2 minutes ago, davet75 said:

:takeit:

^^ Thank you for getting things started! (worship)

Brave and the Bold #60 -- 1st appearance of Donna Troy (Wonder Girl)/2nd appearance of The Teen Titans -- VG -- 4.0 -- $95 -- SOLD to High Stakes Comics

Bottom staple popped.

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0018.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20180824_0020.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Adjusted grade and price