• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Fist 2 Netflix
1 1

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, revat said:

It's....fine.  But the thing is, WHO is this the target market for this show???  I think that's part of the problem, there's no target audience other than general 'marvel' viewer.  The other Marvel shows kind of have a theme.

Jessica Jones - empowered snarky female detective.  You come for the snark and the girl power, and they give it to you.

Luke Cage - stoic black dude tries to do the right thing, while also for figuring out the social and civil balance and swagger.  And they give that to you.

Daredevil - self destructive blind lawyer saves the world while navigating the legal world.  Little heavy on the catholic guilt, but they give you what you came for.

Punisher - needs to do more punishing, but gives people the violence and grittiness they're looking for.

But Iron Fist, you come for the KUNG FU, but they don't give it to you.  YES, its better than last season, but it still isn't great.  The action in this show should be EXACTLY the same as 'Into the Badlands' on AMC, but it's not.  Its clear Finn Jones doesn't know kung fu, and that he has no real charisma.  Pretty much everyone else on the show is more compelling.  I get trying to develop other characters, but this should be a kung fu show.  And it isn't.  And that hurts the show, in my opinion. 

Also, general martial arts question:  If you're one of the best fighters in the world, shouldn't every single blow (or at least the vast majority) you land cleanly essentially be a knockout or crippling blow (or hit some type of pressure point)?  Or because the other fighters are well trained too they can take a punch/kick better?  Too many chaff/filler opponents come back for second or third attacks on Danny and company after getting hit with one or more clean shots by Danny.  I mean a lot of UFC fighters get their arms broken BLOCKING kicks.  You'd think Danny would AT LEAST kick that hard.

Good points on Iron Fist.  I actually like Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick) the best on the show.  I agree, more Kung Fu and more shorter fight scenes from Danny Rand as he should be kicking a** "quickly" for most of his fight confrontations. 

Just now, musicmeta said:

Good points on Iron Fist.  I actually like Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick) the best on the show.  I agree, more Kung Fu and more shorter fight scenes from Danny Rand as he should be kicking a** "quickly" for most of his fight confrontations. 

I'm pro-Colleen, and think both her acting and her fighting have improved steadily over the last two seasons.  Pretty much everyone has gotten more likeable than Danny.

I was hoping this would result in a team-up show with Colleen and Misty, some Daughters of the Dragon action, guess staring Jessica Jones and Mary Walker

5 minutes ago, revat said:

I'm pro-Colleen, and think both her acting and her fighting have improved steadily over the last two seasons.  Pretty much everyone has gotten more likeable than Danny.

I was hoping this would result in a team-up show with Colleen and Misty, some Daughters of the Dragon action, guess staring Jessica Jones and Mary Walker

Yeah, that would be great if they teamed up! Count me in if they do!

15 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm sure a Heroes For Hire is in the works from Netflix 

I think that might have been their goal initially, but I'm not sure Iron Fist is popular enough to warrant another series.  At this point I think Daughters of the Dragon with Jessica, Misty, and Colleen would have a better chance of success.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, I like pie said:

Cancelled along with Cage. I enjoyed both but surprised they ditched Luke.

its been speculated on in many places, but one theory is that Disney might be saving some or all of these shows for their new Disney Streaming Service, which will probably starting in 2020 or 2021.  They might want to bring both back as Heroes for Hire, which might be easier to take the rights for, as opposed to future seasons of Luke Cage or Iron Fist.  There's obviously a huge library of stuff Disney has, but they'll need original content too. 

4 minutes ago, revat said:

its been speculated on in many places, but one theory is that Disney might be saving some or all of these shows for their new Disney Streaming Service, which will probably starting in 2020 or 2021.  They might want to bring both back as Heroes for Hire, which might be easier to take the rights for, as opposed to future seasons of Luke Cage or Iron Fist.  There's obviously a huge library of stuff Disney has, but they'll need original content too. 

+1, people aren't going to pay to watch The Mickey Mouse club

1 hour ago, paperheart said:
1 hour ago, revat said:

+1, people aren't going to pay to watch The Mickey Mouse club

I'm actually pretty excited to see the other NEW original content they're gonna have to have.  Sure, they might have Heroes for Hire, but they'll need a fully ORIGINAL MARVEL show too - Moon Knight?  Old Western Ghost Rider?  Spiderman 2099?  Cable Origin show in the far future?.  Same with Star Wars, fingers crossed for a Boba Fett bounty hunter show - like if they made a faux reality show similar to Dog the Bounty Hunter, he's got a chain smoking used up wife, he's gotta pay bills, he's got moronic coworkers, he wants his kids to have a different life, etc.

Edited by revat

On 10/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, revat said:

Old Western Ghost Rider?  

Yes please! In fact I can see this being something Disney seriously considers, as it allows for them to still use the Ghost Rider name (and tap into existing fans) but still invest in and develop something that can be distributed easily in the international markets (notably China, who would have an issue with the flaming skull modern ghost rider). It is also one of the properties that also let them ride the western popularity rekindled by Mandalorian.