• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Blue Bolt #105!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Nice eye appeal, but spine obviously rough with some tape & extra staples added. Complete with C/OW pages.

What do you think CGC would say? Thanks for any input.

bluebolt105.jpg.323aac6455688ee3f1ccbf2031cbca58.jpg

bluebolt105back.jpg.0ab9fb626d599352b437cc0a3095f2f9.jpg

On 9/17/2018 at 10:46 PM, piper said:

Cool book Jon! It’s long been a book on my want list ever since I had the Gerber Books.

I’ll say 1.8.

How are extra staples considered by CGC? Is that deemed restoration?

3 hours ago, MrMysterio said:

I am thinking a 1.8-2.0 myself. Excellent book you've got, very nice colours. I am curious if it is deemed restoration as well?

Great question. With the caveat that I don't have a ton of experience with CGC submissions, I believe extra staples and tape are just treated as defects, not resto. 1.5 Universal would be my guess.

Just came across this in my travels... a CGC 2.5 blue label with lots of spine tape and some extra staples. Not an apples to apples comparison for sure, as the BB 105 has other defects, but an interesting data point. 2.5 is definitely a higher grade on this than I would have guessed.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dbatman%2B18%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1274877&id=1274877&itemType=0