• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mostly PCH Sale + some random books, some keys of course (Chamber of Chills 23, Blue Bolt 112 and 115). Lots of lower grade PCH books, Take a Look! Price drops on what's left on first page!
3 3

196 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sorry, I didn't take it. Was just commenting on how cool it was. Sorry if I messed you guys up. 

Wouldn't say you messed it up at all, I think he just didn't read what you said and got confused. Just threw this out there because I didn't want him to miss out on the book, as he edited his original take it...so for the record it looked to me like he took it and was the winner that's all.

Edited by szavisca

1 hour ago, MrMysterio said:

Blue Bolt Weird Tales 112. CGC 7.0 De-slabbed. Once again, beautiful colours and a classic L.B Cole cover!

I saw a 9.0 just sell for almost 4000$

How does 2500$ sound? Probably way over price but wouldn't mind keeping this one, make me an offer!

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0960.jpg

Sold via PM, thank you to the buyer.

Thanks, Gene

Hi everyone just a quick update on the books that have been sold. The books that are still for sale will be posted on the first page. Thanks again to everyone who bought books and participated in the thread. I will leave the remaining books up for a few days and if you're interested in something, please don't hesitate to shoot me an offer. I will shoot everyone who bought books a PM in the morning.

Thanks, Gene

Strange Mysteries 20 sold to Darth Corgi

Strange Mysteries 21 sold to Robot Man

The Hand of Fate 13 sold to comicquant

Witches Tales 26 sold to comicquant

Baffling Mysteries 8 sold to Point Five

Tales of Horror 10 sold to Gregd

Baffling Mysteries 11 sold to comicquant

Spellbound 11 sold to Gregd

Baffling Mysteries 7 sold to Ricksneatstuff

Crime Suspenstories 22 sold to dinesh_S

Blue Bolt Weird Tales 112 sold via PM

Out of the Shadows 13 sold to Incredible Pulp

Haunted Thrills 4 sold to OdinsSecrets

This Magazine is Haunted 5 sold to OdinsSecrets

This Magazine is Haunted 7 sold to OdinsSecrets 

This Magazine is Haunted 11 sold to Gregd

This Magazine is Haunted 13 sold to comicquant

Tomb of Terror 15 sold to Incredible Pulp

Weird Tales of the Future 7 sold to comicquant

Voodoo 6 sold via PM

Startling Terror Tales 6 sold to Changer 

Edited by MrMysterio

16 hours ago, MrMysterio said:

Blue Bolt Weird Tales 114. This one is a CGC 4.5 but has been de-slabbed. Super nice colours on this one and a cool stamp on the back!

Last GPA on this one was a 5.0 that went for 1746$

How does 1450$ sound for this beautiful 4.5?

DSC_0950.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

Sold Via PM, thank you to the buyer

Wow what an awesome set of books sold here

I logged off a bit too early last night or could have caught the front end of these and happily blew my budget for a few months.

Still nice to see such books for sale in affordable grades, gives me hope for the future  :)

On 9/11/2018 at 9:57 PM, MrMysterio said:

Hello everyone,

In this sales thread will be mostly Pre Code Horror books along with a couple random bronze and silver age books. I have gone through some recent troubles and am in need of some money so I have got some nice books for sale. All of the prices will be in USD.

Some of my grading might be a bit off since it has been a while since I have been buying and selling books. I'm happy to take offers and would like to take PM's but no lowballers please, unless I'm way off with my prices :)

Payment: Paypal only, payment within 3 days of confirming an :takeit: or if a deal is made over PM. If payment is not received within 3 days then the book will be put back up for sale.  

Shipping: Shipping within Canada will be free but anything outside of Canada will be exact cost being payed by the buyer. I will try my best to do it as cheap as possible but sometimes it's a bit pricey. Books will be shipped 1 business day after payment has been received. 

Returns: I accept returns 7 days after the book is received by the buyer. The shipping will be payed by the buyer unless I have made a mistake on the listing of the books (grade way off, restoration). 

The first :takeit: in the sales thread trumps any PM negotiations. If a PM negotiation is settled then an :takeit:will be posted in the thread by either myself or the buyer as soon as possible.  

No PL/HOS members please!

I have lots of photos so please don't hesitate to PM me if you'd like to see some more photos.

Thanks, Gene

The books that are remaining have been dropped in price. Here is what is left:

Chamber of Chills 5 $35

Crime Suspenstories 26 $25

Daredevil 131 $45 

Daredevil 132 $20

Spellbound 34 $25

Crimes Suspenstories 20 Removed

Weird Horrors 7 $90

Tales of Suspense 31 $35

Shock Suspenstories 14 $45

Crime Suspentstories 16 $195

Chamber of Chills 23 $2000

Blue Bolt Weird Tales 115 Removed

I claim:

Crime Suspenstories 26 $25, Daredevil 131 $45, and Weird Horrors 7 $90. Please dm me with payment info. Thank you.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, MrMysterio said:

You got it, thanks!

Evidentially my above :takeit: for the Chamber of Chills 5 wasn't good enough. Took a bit of time to get invoiced, but once I did I paid for the book. Then I get a refund  5 days later with no explanation. I send a message to the seller and get no response. Not sure what is going on  here but hope everyone else got their books and is happy. I can't complain too much as I got a refund but things like common courtesy would dictate at least communicating with me as to why.

59 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Evidentially my above :takeit: for the Chamber of Chills 5 wasn't good enough. Took a bit of time to get invoiced, but once I did I paid for the book. Then I get a refund  5 days later with no explanation. I send a message to the seller and get no response. Not sure what is going on  here but hope everyone else got their books and is happy. I can't complain too much as I got a refund but things like common courtesy would dictate at least communicating with me as to why.

4 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I was wondering about this seller/thread. Sent the OP a message over a week ago; not read, no reply.

Gene is great.  I received my books within 3 weeks of payment and they were sent from Alberta.  There was about a week where there was no communication but he eventually followed up and was very apologetic.  There was a legit family emergency and he'd already sent the books but wasn't able to provide buyers with tracking info.  I don't think he's online very often so it may take awhile for him to get back with you.   

9 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Gene is great.  I received my books within 3 weeks of payment and they were sent from Alberta.  There was about a week where there was no communication but he eventually followed up and was very apologetic.  There was a legit family emergency and he'd already sent the books but wasn't able to provide buyers with tracking info.  I don't think he's online very often so it may take awhile for him to get back with you.   

+1 The books I bought arrived safe. Sometimes the better deals take more time, but common courtesy always precedes a good/bad deal  :luhv: It never follows

I'm patient and not in any rush so that's not a problem. I'm sure he's a great guy and that's not in question here. . Hope he's ok and everything, I'm just wondering what happened and honestly slightly disappointed about the book.

18 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

I'm patient and not in any rush so that's not a problem. I'm sure he's a great guy and that's not in question here. . Hope he's ok and everything, I'm just wondering what happened and honestly slightly disappointed about the book.

I hear ya for sure.  As pulp mentioned it only takes a minute or two to demonstrate common courtesy via communication.  If someone has a sales thread open it goes without saying that seller needs to be proactive with communication.  I’m sure you’ll hear from him soon and hope you get your book!