• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

J Scott Campbell Signed Spiderman Editions

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm just getting back into the comic book collecting and I bought a set of J Scott Campbell Autographed Version A-I from his website. Can I send these in to get graded? I'm asking because I read somewhere that a representative has to witness the signature. Thank you for any help!

Joe

13 hours ago, JoeyRags said:

Hello, I'm just getting back into the comic book collecting and I bought a set of J Scott Campbell Autographed Version A-I from his website. Can I send these in to get graded? I'm asking because I read somewhere that a representative has to witness the signature. Thank you for any help!

Joe

Welcome to the forums!

You can send them to be graded but I think these generally get the green label for the un-witnessed signature. To get the yellow label you would have to buy these at a convention with a witness present.

More info on the labels here https://www.cgccomics.com/labels/

And if you DID send it in to be graded it's going to say "Name written on cover" and not say WHO signed it.  COAs are considered "useless" by most standards for determining authenticity.  Generally the recommendation is to NOT send a pre-signed book in without a witness.  It would NOT increase or have positive effect on the book's value in any way.  It's essentially considered a waste of your money on the grading and shipping fees.  But to each their own.