• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting divorced - Need appraisal information
5 5

154 posts in this topic

First off, thank you to everyone who offered sincere advice and gave me a little more insight and a few things to think about.

Secondly, I do have reliable legal counsel. The only reason I inquired here is because there are experts on the subject here. Legal counsel is absolutely necessary and this is a topic I am discussing with them but in this case their field is fairly specialized and that specialty does not encompass valuation of collectibles so I felt it prudent to consult others who have experience both in the field and who have either assisted others in similar situations or have gone through the process themselves.

So, again, thanks for those who weighed in with pertinent information and for respecting that this is not a fun topic or happy time in anyone's life but rather an unfortunate reality that we are faced with. 

23 minutes ago, nookworm said:

First off, thank you to everyone who offered sincere advice and gave me a little more insight and a few things to think about.

Secondly, I do have reliable legal counsel. The only reason I inquired here is because there are experts on the subject here. Legal counsel is absolutely necessary and this is a topic I am discussing with them but in this case their field is fairly specialized and that specialty does not encompass valuation of collectibles so I felt it prudent to consult others who have experience both in the field and who have either assisted others in similar situations or have gone through the process themselves.

So, again, thanks for those who weighed in with pertinent information and for respecting that this is not a fun topic or happy time in anyone's life but rather an unfortunate reality that we are faced with. 

I can only imagine how difficult this is and I hope that you both can come through this okay and will be happy in the future.

I'd suggest you find someone you both trust to value the inventory and go from there.  

4 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I wonder how long before it get loc...   no, let it slide to Friday, we need some entertainment first. xD

You know Brock is holding off coming on here and throwing some F-Bombs until tomorrow to stir things up for the big day.

13 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Sorry about that !  

Now back to the Chip Catalpo show.:baiting:

Must be that kind of week.  I just got quoted on Facebook by Colin O'Malley about a few post I made on the CGC message boards and he even quoted the thread on Facebook.  I guess banning him did very little.

36 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Must be that kind of week.  I just got quoted on Facebook by Colin O'Malley about a few post I made on the CGC message boards and he even quoted the thread on Facebook.  I guess banning him did very little.

Post a picture.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

You know Brock is holding off coming on here and throwing some F-Bombs until tomorrow to stir things up for the big day.

Why would he do that? I don’t see any books posted that he can say are overgraded or priced too high.

I promised myself I would not post in this topic again, but I am not a nice person.

One does not post in any internet forum in search of experts in a field of business one is a part of, you go to those specific individuals for that service.  One does however post on internet forums in order to quietly out something that should be private business and try and coyly see what side those people (on the forum) will take.  I hope you gathered the necessary information to conclude an answer.