• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting divorced - Need appraisal information
5 5

154 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I don’t know if I’d want to be associated with CAK...

I don't think he and I have spoken since he got booted but I do see him post up comments in the CGC Comic Club Facebook Page every now and then.  It was a bit shocking to see him quote me by name about something I said in a forum he is banned from.

Edited by 1Cool

15 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Man, you guys keep quoting people I have on ignore...entirely destroying the bliss of not having to see endless navel-gazing streams of unconsciousness and half-baked pseudo-intellectual commentary by folks who have the absolute worst social skills I've ever seen. 

If someone else sees this, please tell Chris to unblock me

5 hours ago, DougC said:

I promised myself I would not post in this topic again, but I am not a nice person.

One does not post in any internet forum in search of experts in a field of business one is a part of, you go to those specific individuals for that service.  One does however post on internet forums in order to quietly out something that should be private business and try and coyly see what side those people (on the forum) will take.  I hope you gathered the necessary information to conclude an answer.

Ulterior motives aside, I can empathize with using a comic/comic art focused (and to some extent toys if you follow any of the "kick azz childhood toy" or "plastic crack" threads) forum to cast a wider net, and post an appeal for assistance with valuating several different collecting categories.

From my experience alone, the closest person to me that can appraise comics and comic art is located 2041 miles away (3,285km). Since I can't self-appraise my own collection, I would need at least three different people to appraise what I collect. I can tell you from experience, as someone providing appraisal services, with access to a network of people providing such professional services, that I myself would have a difficult time finding a single person to properly appraise the items the OP is needing to have valuated.

2c

Edited by comicwiz

20 minutes ago, ChunkyLover53 said:

Buzz, I assume he wants you to post the PMs so he can report you for posting other people's PMs. Take Admital Akbar's advice, it's a trap!

Didn’t consider that - figured he wouldn’t be so low.   At this point you are right.  He has access to post whatever he wants.  There must be a reason he won’t do so.  Based on this and what I have been told it is probably best to just ignore him.  I apologize for letting this go on for as long as it has and will stop.

31 minutes ago, ChunkyLover53 said:

Buzz, I assume he wants you to post the PMs so he can report you for posting other people's PMs. Take Admital Akbar's advice, it's a trap!

Didnt he clarify several times to post them 'with the other member's permission'??  Not a trap.

Also, if you're not willing to post PMs, why bring them up at all?  Thats called hearsay I believe.  I could say I received PMs stating that a member stole books-

13 minutes ago, kav said:

Also, if you're not willing to post PMs, why bring them up at all?  Thats called hearsay I believe.  I could say I received PMs stating that a member stole books-

Kav, I know you have me on ignore but I am hoping you see this.  He can post whatever he wants.  I do not understand why he chooses not to and demands for me to do it.  If he wants a private message between himself and I posted, as I stated, he is free to do so. 

If you are making reference to those that messaged me about Chip Cataldo, then that I won’t do.  Bird came forward by his own merit.  Others can choose to do that on their own.  Eventually Chip admitted that he was making buying inquiries in private messages rendering any doubt pertaining to that a moot point. 

Ever since I referred to your actions as that of someone who needs a babysitter or something like that, (I honestly forget) you choose to ignore me.  So be it.  But separate your dislike of me from the facts surrounding Chip Cataldo.  Take me out of it and Chip is still trying to swing deals despite being on the HOS list.