• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man PS4

42 posts in this topic

I played through Spider-Man PS4 over the course of a week and loved it. I love how they spaced the open world elements out enough so that there was motivation to not just grind through them all before continuing with the story. The story itself was really well done with more than a few pleasant surprises to be had. I'm looking forward to this version of Spider-Man showing up in the Spider-Geddon event.

By the end of my first playthrough, I was at 88%. I still need to go back and finish up a few street crimes to unlock the final costume.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:36 AM, fantastic_four said:

I did.  You certainly make the open world play sound identical to Spider-Man 2, although I'm assuming improved in various ways.  Is that true, is it better?  I was mostly wondering how the web-swinging compared.  You mentioned that you haven't enjoyed a Spidey game in 10 years--was Spider-Man 2 the last one you played?  That one was 14 years ago.  I played most Spider-Man games up through about 2010, and the 2004 Spider-Man 2 title is the clear masterpiece up until perhaps this new PS4 title.

Sorry missed your reply.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ultimate Spider-Man game. It was similar to Spider-Man 2 but looked like the comic. I enjoyed Spider-Man 2, but I played it years later and don’t think it aged well. I loved the Spidey game on N64. 

This game is incredible though. I did everything I could and got gold on everything. The new DLC has been fun too. 

I can still swing through the city and laugh in amazement with how well this game is done. I’d really recommend it.