• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA OA auction
3 3

493 posts in this topic

There have been a few posts on individual items, but I figured it was time to start a consolidated thread.

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ne=1058&N=793+792+52+4294948889+1067&ic4=Refine-ComicCategory-102615

169 pieces so far ... and some stellar ones at that, especially the Krigstein "Master Race".

Thanks for starting this consolidated thread - I almost started one last night.  Going forward, my preference would be for all Heritage listings should go in a consolidated thread unless a lot is so monumental that it absolutely begs for its own thread (e.g., $1 million-up type pieces).  Again, just my preference. 

Anyway, I'm very curious to see how the Gulacy Master of Kung Fu #51 cover does!  I believe there are only 4 Gulacy MOKF covers from the original run; it's going to be interesting to see how much the scarcity value pumps this one up beyond what might otherwise be considered reasonable. :popcorn: 

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

The Mcfarlane Hulk that has been on ebay for many years appears to be in the auction.  We will finally see if it was overpriced or not.

McHulk link

people actually think there was a chance that it wasn't overpriced? :insane: If the ebay price was the owner's expectation, I think he is going to have a rude awakening.

Malvin

6 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

So what is ballpark on Master Race...I am not sure what a comp for this story is...

I think this is one where you can throw out the comps!  

I don't think anyone has a clue where this one ends up...I've heard guesses everywhere from $100K to $600K.  I would say most of the guesses have been in the $150-$250K range, but, who knows. It's a situation where the addition or subtraction of even just one likely bidder could result in a massively different outcome.

I was surprised to see an interior splash from FF 83 surfacing in this auction.  The full issue was included in an IDW AE, so I had assumed the book was complete.  Anybody knows / can disclose if that was indeed the case?  Is the book being broken up?

Carlo Mich

10 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Yes and yes.

Thanks for the info!  That book has some great interiors, it will be interesting to see what happens. I know I am in the minority but I really think that visually and stylistically peak Kirby is circa FF 80-90.  The stories were maybe not as fresh as the famous run from 45 to 60, but his style had pefected by then, and Sinnott's inks got much sharper.