• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA OA auction
3 3

493 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, vodou said:

$9600 for Ken Kelly. That's interest in his recent work that hasn't been around before.

lf?set=path%5B1%2F9%2F3%2F7%2F9%2F19379555%5D%2Csizedata%5B225x225%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D
Lot 93130 (130 of 302)
Ken Kelly Conan and the Emerald Lotus Cover Painting Original Art (Tor Fantasy, 1999). Conan, never a fan of magic in the first place, wishes a plague on all wizards on this danger-laden cover painting by fantasy artist master Ken Kelly. Rippling with power, this oil piece was created on pressboard with an image area of 23.5" x 40" in the handsome faux-wood 30" x 46.5" open front frame. In Excellent condition. Comes with a copy of the book.

I'd much rather pay 2.5x this price and have bought the Chamber of Illusions painting that went unsold at Profiles.

7 minutes ago, Lago32 said:

The Miller Wolvie page with no Wolverine and a bunch of dead ninjas sells for almost $17k....but yet a Wolvie vs Shingen action page sits unsold at $15k on eBay for 5 months just a few months ago. What a ridiculous hobby sometimes. And yes, I know that ebay page eventually sold.

I don't think I saw the eBay page. 

Who was the seller?

2 minutes ago, Lago32 said:

That's not the point....compare the two pages and then look at what they sold for.

That is the point. 15k on eBay is big fish small pond (sits, sits, sits). Reverse on HA (pick it up cuz why not as you were underbidder on your Top 10 picks in the rest of the sale).

4 minutes ago, vodou said:

That is the point. 15k on eBay is big fish small pond (sits, sits, sits). Reverse on HA (pick it up cuz why not as you were underbidder on your Top 10 picks in the rest of the sale).

I agree. More eyes all at once on HA and a ton of more buyer's confidence too (at least for me) as well.

5 minutes ago, vodou said:

i think what happens on ebay (apart from the buyer pool) is that when something is offered as a BIN you don't feel the desperation that this might be your only chance. It appears that you can always come back and get it.....good price or not

1 hour ago, Brian Peck said:

Silver Surfer #14 page by Buscema and Adkins had a final hammer of $28,800.

That is the highest panel page by John Buscema I have seen go at public auction. Twice the Silver Surfer #1 back in May Ha this year.

I was interested in this one, strong to say the least!

38 minutes ago, Bird said:

I think the Winsor McCay 3 editorial cartoons were strong at slightly over $10K after BP. I have one and was considering getting another in the $5-$7K range so these surprised me. I don't think that they were especially strong pieces either compared to others I have seen.

It says something that although I have been in the game for 25 years or so that my interests are mostly going off tomorrow! 5 figures is where I draw the line, but still!

Yeah, I thought they were strong too; between taxes, risk-taking and education, he hits on some universal appeal but some of the pieces from a year or so ago were superb in comparison. A Rarebit Fiend at $19,200 was another firm performance for Little Nemo's younger brother.

Heritage Live just cut out in the middle of the Sienkiewicz New Mutants splash.....Anyone else having issues with bidding or the video/audio? My connection otherwise to other windows/pages is fine. 

Edited by comix4fun

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Heritage Live just cut out in the middle of the Sienkiewicz New Mutants splash.....Anyone else having issues with bidding or the video/audio? My connection otherwise to other windows/pages is fine. 

seems okay to me but my audio is not on by design

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I had the video go out, but I refreshed the window and it came back.

Edited by Greenlake

Just now, Greenlake said:

I had the video go out, but I refreshed the window and it came back.

I refreshed a few times but it only now just came back on. I was high bidder on that splash then it simultaneous showed me outbid and then closed.