• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA OA auction
3 3

493 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

I am on Google Chrome and no cut outs or need to refresh, but I am not bidding yet!

That's sucks Chris!

Thanks, it's ok. Would have loved that one. I was good to go $3k-4k more.

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Sweet!  Congratulations 

you did better than I did, two Peanuts! But yeah, I am happy to get the cheap BWS double pager even if it is Wildstorm. I was considering the Rune pieces even (and may still). The BWS Hand movie piece surprised me; she really took her time on it and then bam! moved right through my item (which was fine by me).

Man, those Zeck Punisher cover recreations went relatively cheap! (considering that he said he won't do them again).  If I had known these 4 would be up for sale, I would have saved my money for one of these rather than winning the #5 recreation that I go! (based on all the prices they went for)

But, saying all that I'm still glad I got at least one of them.

Malvin

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Am I the only one winning anything?

C00F09BA-9193-4B7D-8A16-952E6CAE382A.jpeg

F02D4DEE-3218-4C48-8844-61E0C892E99D.jpeg

Very nice! Your enthusiasm here on the boards got me following this stuff. In my mind eye - I could imagine collecting this stuff too. Lots of wisdom in these strips. Life lessons.  Have you given any thought to changing you cgc name to schultz fan or peppermintpattyfan or some other such descriptive.

32 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Very nice! Your enthusiasm here on the boards got me following this stuff. In my mind eye - I could imagine collecting this stuff too. Lots of wisdom in these strips. Life lessons.  Have you given any thought to changing you cgc name to schultz fan or peppermintpattyfan or some other such descriptive.

No thoughts of a name change as I am and always will be a Batman Fan. Once I got my first peanuts strip I was just in awe of the physical size and how amazing Schultz’s pen work is. Will I stop at 3 strips?  I am going to say no way!

35 minutes ago, westform said:

Those are both winners! Had my eye on them, but spent my budget early.

Thank god you blew your budget early!  I was shocked when I won the 1st one with a cut bid. I bid on it because it was “cheap” I thought and I knew I would get blown out of the water on the one I really wanted but low and behold I did a cut bid on it and won it for less than the max I planned on spending. Now I have to be nice to the misses to get them hanging someplace special in the house. 

20 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

No thoughts of a name change as I am and always will be a Batman Fan. Once I got my first peanuts strip I was just in awe of the physical size and how amazing Schultz’s pen work is. Will I stop at 3 strips?  I am going to say no way!

Wow, 3 Peanuts strips!  Very impressive.  Well, you can only drive one car but have multiple Schulz (:gossip: spelled w/o “t”) masterpieces on the wall.  Congrats on winning two delightful examples.

48 minutes ago, GreatEscape said:

Wow, 3 Peanuts strips!  Very impressive.  Well, you can only drive one car but have multiple Schulz (:gossip: spelled w/o “t”) masterpieces on the wall.  Congrats on winning two delightful examples.

Thanks! I can't wait to get them framed and on the wall.  The first one I bought I still look at every day I am home.  I like it more every time I look at it.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Yeah, when I saw Schulz’s Linework in person at the Masters of American comics show, I was sold! Flawless and graceful!  Congratulations on your successful day!

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Silver Surfer #14 page by Buscema and Adkins had a final hammer of $28,800.

That is the highest panel page by John Buscema I have seen go at public auction. Twice the Silver Surfer #1 back in May Ha this year.

I wanted it. Was underbidder. Thought it’d go 25k. Cest la vie 

7 hours ago, Lago32 said:

The Miller Wolvie page with no Wolverine and a bunch of dead ninjas sells for almost $17k....but yet a Wolvie vs Shingen action page sits unsold at $15k on eBay for 5 months just a few months ago. What a ridiculous hobby sometimes. And yes, I know that ebay page eventually sold.

Wow. Not too long ago the consignor came onto the boards asking for an estimate. I said the floor on that is $4k but I couldn't see it break 5 figures because there's no Wolverine on it. Most people agreed with me though one or two said it was a 10K page. I was way off but at least I covered myself and said that with auctions, you never know. I can't seem to find the thread.

The OP then said that he wanted to keep it regardless of value. I guess the temptation was too strong.

But like you say, What a ridiculous hobby.

5 hours ago, malvin said:

Man, those Zeck Punisher cover recreations went relatively cheap! (considering that he said he won't do them again).  If I had known these 4 would be up for sale, I would have saved my money for one of these rather than winning the #5 recreation that I go! (based on all the prices they went for)

But, saying all that I'm still glad I got at least one of them.

Malvin

Picked up the first one. It’s stunning! Thought about going for the rest, but was content at that point. I remember selling my mini-series in 1991 to help pay for a limo to prom, so to say this is peak nostalgia is an understatement!

8 hours ago, Lago32 said:

The Miller Wolvie page with no Wolverine and a bunch of dead ninjas sells for almost $17k....but yet a Wolvie vs Shingen action page sits unsold at $15k on eBay for 5 months just a few months ago. What a ridiculous hobby sometimes. And yes, I know that ebay page eventually sold.

I have zero information on who the buyer might be, but, let me put on my Sherlock Holmes deerstalker hat and deduce that $16.8K for that page might be something a European collector would buy for the storytelling detail/technique more than the actual content. hm 

Is the buyer reading this?  Want to prove me right or wrong?