• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA OA auction
3 3

493 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RabidFerret said:

Today is my birthday and I really like Mark Bright Iron Man art:)

well Happy Birthday to you! Mark Bright? Somebody get me a doctor! 

Edited by Bird
"Doc" Bright, get it?

22 hours ago, Bird said:

well Happy Birthday to you! Mark Bright? Somebody get me a doctor! 

Doc' Ferret here, happily looking for more Mark Bright Iron Man art! And Bright Iron Man covers from 200-230s! Ping me if you got em!

Edited by RabidFerret

21 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Mark Bright Ironman 215 panel page....+2000.00 dollars before sales tax?

Oh man I was mildly interested in this as that was during my nostalgic zone but that's crazy!

I PM'ed a boardie offering to step aside on a lot I expect that he will want but he hasn't read it, so I guess it will be a duel in the sun at noon!

Edited by Bird

okay, 2/2! I got the Green / Austin Doc page that I wanted. I almost went for the Shamballa page as well but I already have two from that book and am near my budget!

19326537%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

"ITS ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTING, I'VE COME TO TAKE WHATS MINE!"

I am done! whew!

Edited by Bird

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

okay, 2/2! I got the Green / Austin Doc page that I wanted. I almost went for the Shamballa page as well but I already have two from that book and am near my budget!

19326537%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

"ITS ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTING, I'VE COME TO TAKE WHATS MINE!"

I am done! whew!

Congrats on snagging the two pieces you really wanted.  

Bid on that sketch lot of Buck , but in the end had to pass. Im now 3/7 in this auction. My gregory page 1 issue 1 fell sorta flat, but i was surprised they put that in there and not with the rest of my stuff in sunday. oh well.

I was fortunate enough to win the Monster Hunters #1 painting by Don Newton, a blast from my past and also the Hulk/Silver Surfer illustration by Perez and Weiss.  The informational caption doesn't mention but the Hulk/Surfer art was used for the 1979 Hulk calendar, one of the first Marvel items I ever had when I was a kid.

Edited by Chris Cooper
Date correction

15 hours ago, comix4fun said:
22 hours ago, tth2 said:

I will never understand why people are willing to rely on technology working perfectly at critical moments. 

Maybe I'm just too risk averse but if it was something that I really really wanted, I would never put myself in a position that an ill-timed outage in the internet/HA site/audio/video (take your pick) would cause me to lose out on a piece.  

You mean on a site and in a bidding process that I’ve been using for well over 10 years wiithout a single issue before yesterday?

especially when I had tried phone bidding in the past and missed items when the call didn’t come?

Short  of flying in a week ahead of time to bid in person (to avoid travel issues), drinking only bottled water and eating saltines at every meal (to avoid food poisoning ) , and dressing only in a hazmat suit ( to avoid the random disease or outbreak ), all to bid live in the room,  I’m pretty satisfied with my efforts and precautions on this one. 

Or just put in your bid before online bidding closes so you'll know that it's in for sure. (shrug)

You may not have personally experienced a problem with live bidding before, but others have previously described live bidding problems, so it's not exactly a black swan event.    

Anyways, you clearly have all the answers, so I'll just shut up now.

11 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thanks!  The Lucy one was my favorite piece but I thought for sure I would loss it so I went for my 2nd favorite.  The last auction that had a bunch of Peanuts I took the opposite approach and came away empty handed and a little crushed.

You clearly learned from that auction and raised your game in response. :golfclap:

8 hours ago, tth2 said:

Or just put in your bid before online bidding closes so you'll know that it's in for sure. (shrug)

There’s absolutely no one i know in the hobby that’s putting thier max bid in on a five figure piece that way. Call me superstitious. 

Edited by comix4fun