• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA OA auction
3 3

493 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Yes  - but is it in your budget.  :flamed:

I also can't believe how much cool stuff there is.  Too much!

I would be ecstatic to get one item.  There is a second piece I would love to snag as well.  Tons of great comics but I doubt I will chase any.  Winning will all come down to how many other people want the same things.  

Nice to see this thread revived.  

HA has done it yet again, with another auction full of eye-popping, mouth-drilling artwork!  I took a look at the complete auction listings and I believe I’m tracking over 300 items.

i will whittle down my “must-have’s” to approximately five pieces prior to live bidding and will be keeping my fingers crossed to snag two or three of them ?

by the way, looks like the choice material will be split between Platinum nite and Friday live bidding.

15 minutes ago, Bronty said:

mouth-drilling?    I think I saw that on the internet once.  :baiting:

I think a mouth-drilling auction means you need to melt down your fillings to win. 

Or it has to do with the "hammer" price but that's a little more disturbing. 

Not much of interest to me in this auction(thankfully.) I do see one piece I really like though, so I do have a target.

The interesting thing about this auction is with the sales tax collections heritage has implemented this is the first event auction where most US bidders will be paying sales tax. That plus the holidays may have an effect on prices? The Sunday weekly auctions have been crazy recently, so sales tax has yet to have any effect there.

2 hours ago, aokartman said:

LINK TO HA THING COVER ART WILSON SINNOTT

If I had the money, this cover would be a great addition to my collection.  Watching! 

Not my consignment, I haven't consigned to this auction.  My interest is because I have some interior pages from this book.

Best, David S. Albright

That one will be interesting to watch. I would not even try to come up with a guess on the final hammer price. 

15 hours ago, batman_fan said:

That one will be interesting to watch. I would not even try to come up with a guess on the final hammer price. 

Well, you can always check out HA's completed auctions to see that this cover sold in Feb 2016 for $2.6K.  The splash from that issue also sold in Feb 2016 for $1,075

21 hours ago, NinjaSealed said:

The interesting thing about this auction is with the sales tax collections heritage has implemented this is the first event auction where most US bidders will be paying sales tax. That plus the holidays may have an effect on prices? 

We can only hope. :wishluck:

13 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

I will be very upset if I don't get the items I want.  Readying myself to go to the mat for them.  Hopefully I don't need to.  *STAY AWAY!!!!*

58663643_bodybag.gif.7939c02943ba6838abad3c459a047822.gif