• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: 4 Theories

9 posts in this topic

According to the big wigs at Marvel Studios (and Kevin Feige specifically), Avengers 4 is not only the end of Phase 3, but the finale for the collective stories being told throughout all of the first 3 Phases of the MCU. Primarily, that means Thanos and all 6 of the McGuffin Gems, I mean Infinity Stones. What are some theories you've surmised, or heard, that seem realistic to occur in next April's closing film?

One of my theories:

We all know that The Snappening will be undone in some manner. Knowing the amount of power that it took to make that happen, and the damage its done to Thanos, I think that The Snap collectively took half of the full power that the stones were "born" with to complete. I theorize that an additional snap to undo this action will drain the remaining power from all the stones, ending their story and impact on the MCU.

Creating an Infinity Watch or allowing the stones to stay within the MCU wouldn't end anything. Their existence would be an ongoing concern. Otherwise, just summon the Infinity Watch when Galactus shows up and get it over with...

I don't have any particular theories on Thanos. I just expect that Thor will probably kill him in Avengers 4.

What are your theories?

Nice thoughts there -- I agree that the infinity stones need to 'disappear' somehow, never to return.

Predictions for the denouement after Thanos is defeated or convinced to change his outlook:

The movie ends with Tony and Pepper's wedding, to which all our heroes are invited (including Wong, of course).  Tony finally chooses Pepper over his life as Iron Man, but he gives whoever is next to wear the suit an OS marked 'Tony' -- Marvel will continue to use RDJ as the 'voice inside the helmet' for the next character who takes on the role.

Bruce Banner and the Hulk split into two entities, or combine into one -- whatever allows him to pursue his romance with Black Widow (or maybe Valkyrie -- he really seemed attracted to her in 'Ragnarok'!).  Maybe Hulk continues as a part-time Avenger.

Vision is recreated, but with the icy android personality from the comics.  Scarlet Witch and Vision's story continue in Phase 4.

Thor takes on the mantle of King of Asgard in Norway once it's discovered that half his people DID survive Thanos' attack and another group, led by Sif, are also alive.  Thor becomes a part-time Avenger in order to lead his people on Earth in relative obscurity.

Hawkeye gets his family back and retires again for good.

Cap uses the Quantum Realm to either sacrifice himself or return to the 1940's, maybe with Bucky.  Falcon (or maybe Bucky, depending) takes up the shield to become the new Captain America going forward.

Spider-Man gets lost somehow in the Quantum Realm, leading to a space romp that moves him from 'Far from Home' back to NYC.

Ant-Man and the Wasp take on leadership of a new Avengers team that includes Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Nick Fury goes out in a blaze of glory, dying to protect the Avengers.

Dr. Strange gives up the Eye of Agamotto for good when the Infinity Stones are lost/destroyed and returns to protect the New York Sanctum from Baron Mordo's vendetta against wizards.

Coulson was a skrull the whole time.

Captain Marvel returns to her role as 'protector of the cosmos' and will link up the MCU with their expanded cosmic universe.  Unsure whether the GOTG will also take on this role given James Gunn's situation.  Like Thor, CM becomes a part-time Avenger, perhaps.

Black Panther, like Thor, returns to lead Wakanda -- Shuri, perhaps, takes on the nanotech armor to become the next Iron (Person).

Yeesh!  So many characters -- but fun to speculate.  I hope I'm right on at least two of these ideas.

Dan

10 hours ago, Drummy said:

The movie ends with Tony and Pepper's wedding, to which all our heroes are invited (including Wong, of course).  Tony finally chooses Pepper over his life as Iron Man, but he gives whoever is next to wear the suit an OS marked 'Tony' -- Marvel will continue to use RDJ as the 'voice inside the helmet' for the next character who takes on the role.

Vision is recreated, but with the icy android personality from the comics.  Scarlet Witch and Vision's story continue in Phase 4.

Thor takes on the mantle of King of Asgard in Norway once it's discovered that half his people DID survive Thanos' attack and another group, led by Sif, are also alive.  Thor becomes a part-time Avenger in order to lead his people on Earth in relative obscurity.

Hawkeye gets his family back and retires again for good.

Cap uses the Quantum Realm to either sacrifice himself or return to the 1940's, maybe with Bucky.  Falcon (or maybe Bucky, depending) takes up the shield to become the new Captain America going forward.

Nick Fury goes out in a blaze of glory, dying to protect the Avengers.

Coulson was a skrull the whole time.

Captain Marvel returns to her role as 'protector of the cosmos' and will link up the MCU with their expanded cosmic universe.  Unsure whether the GOTG will also take on this role given James Gunn's situation.  Like Thor, CM becomes a part-time Avenger, perhaps.

You don't think that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are both going to die..?

I'm pretty sure that Shuri was downloading Vision's 'personalities' that weren't relative to the stone - Jarvis, Ultron, Stark, and Banner - while trying to remove it. So your thoughts on that are likely pretty close.

I'd personally like to see an end to the non-special human Avengers like Black Widow and Hawkeye. I highly doubt it happens.

SHIELD/Hydra will probably come to a close, too (Nick Fury), if they are ending all things Phase 1-3.

Captain Marvel is allegedly the new face of the franchise, like Iron Man was. I'd expect her to be a full-time Avenger.

IIRC, they cast the kid Harley from Iron Man 3 for an appearance in Avengers 4, likely to attend Stark's funeral. He might be the next Iron Man.

I want to say that it would be fun for them to "Rick and Morty" the whole thing.

Spider-man is dead.  Black Panther is dead. Strange is dead. They died and they are all dead and are not coming back.

However... just like in Rick and Morty there are infinite universes in infinite dimensions with infinite Beths. Summers and even Jerrys.  This means that since Strange said there were 14 million possible outcomes there may very well be 14 million possible universes and dimensions.  I say Lang, Stark, Wong, Cap and the rest find the universe where THEY all died but those who were wiped away were the survivors.  They merge the timelines and go on to live in that timeline and thwart Thanos.

That means that the Spider-man is homecoming is like the C-137 Jerry and after Stark finds his way over to "The Replacement Dimension" and that in the next Spider-man it is Tom Holland as Peter Parker and Spider-man... but the Replacement dimension version.

Mindblowing... wubba lubba dub dub

There’s another “plot leak” out there from 4chan. It says:

Spoiler

That Tony stark absorbs some of the infinity stones’ energy when destroyed, and via some time jump stuff...his future self is kang (and eternity). I forget how exactly that works, I’d need to reread...if you’re interested I’m sure google can find it for you.

18 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

There’s another “plot leak” out there from 4chan. It says:

Reveal hidden contents

That Tony stark absorbs some of the infinity stones’ energy when destroyed, and via some time jump stuff...his future self is kang (and eternity). I forget how exactly that works, I’d need to reread...if you’re interested I’m sure google can find it for you.

:roflmao:

That's one of the worst theories yet. The full theory includes, "Hawkeye time travels to the events of the first Thor movie, travels to Asgard, and takes Odin's Infinity Gauntlet." That's interesting, because Odin's was a fake... Hulk's arm explodes? These theories are so bad that there's literally no way they're true.

Avengers 4 is the most secretive movie in cinematic history that I'm aware of. There's no way some jabroni on 4chan has any legitimate information that isn't available to the general public. Adding onto that, the fake information constantly being fed within Marvel Studios, to the actors, and within scripts...

I'll just throw out there that Marvel Studios have done very few things that I would consider "ridiculous". This "plot leak" is so ridiculous that I would lose a lot of respect for what they've done if it was true. It's just so ridiculous.

Agreed, but it's not ridiculous to think that Kang is coming.

I'd love a grey hulk movie or three; ramping up his intellect, dumbing down his power and giving him that persona would make it easier to sustain solo films. 

Less directly related, I'm hoping the return of the FF to the fold plus big plans for Antman and the wasp means they reboot in unexpected, fun style: we need Psycho-Man, Annihilus, Wyatt Wingfoot and and Antman  and black panther cameos before they try to cram the origin and the Galactus trilogy into a reboot film. They need a strong departure from previous efforts. But I digress....

Mostly, I think the stage gets set for Kang as the next baddie for the next version of the Avengers.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, TwoPiece said:

What are your theories?

Captain America gets killed off.

Tony Stark goes into semi-retirement like a mentor role like Prof. X

Thor sticks around because Asgard is really important to the Marvel Universe in the grand scheme of things. In layman terms Marvel will continue to pay Chris Hemsworth the big bucks, while they reduce Robert Downey Jrs role and let Chris Evans walk.

Hulk becomes Peter David smart Hulk.

Either X-men or Silver Surfer get introduced somehow at the end in extra screen credits.

Either way the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the star here and not a certain group of heroes. This is why it is better than the DC Cinematic Universe, as DC put all their eggs onto the Batman and Superman basket.

With Marvel they can take away their big three and not only survive, but thrive.

With DC if they took away Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman it would stop suddenly to a screeching halt.