• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your FRAZETTA OA
1 1

64 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Was only in “the club” for about a month.  

This is no longer mine.  I’ll delete the post if this is an issue.

EBF03DFB-03AD-4A9C-92AE-C760748CB717.jpeg

Nice!  Frazetta definitely liked the Ruben-esque female figure. 

On 9/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, cstojano said:

What number is yours? I have tried to collect images of as many of these as I can find online. So much variation in the color scheme (and effort).

14/50.  I previously owned another that I sold 4 years ago.  It had a nude laying on her tummy - very coquettish.  I can't recall the number... 44?

On 9/20/2018 at 10:03 AM, stinkininkin said:

Yours is gorgeous.  I also love that the girl in the drawing is turning to observe all the action going on behind her.  

Thanks.  So many are faded.  I bought this one because the colors are still so vivid - and the sketch was more overtly sexy.

13 hours ago, KingofGames said:

No longer in my collection, but I used to own this piece. Unfinished poster art for Man Called Dagger, measuring 20" x 30".

DSC01126r.jpg

Wow.   Never saw that image before.  TREMENDOUS!!!

Frank's movie poster work in the 1960's was really something special.

1 hour ago, spider9698 said:

Wow.   Never saw that image before.  TREMENDOUS!!!

Frank's movie poster work in the 1960's was really something special.

Yeah, that's really strong. I like how he brings an extra weight to a composition that seems influenced by Davis's manic energy.  Very very cool. Wish Frank had done an Austin Powers poster : )

I love that the piece is unfinished. Frozen in time, never to be completed. I wonder what happened. Why it was turned over in its current state? Maybe he missed a deadline and provided what was done? Maybe the studio, MGM, changed directions while he was finalizing? 

The story behind the piece is pretty cool as it is. An MGM art director handed over a haul of art (likely worthless at the time) to cover a bar debt. The bartender stored it in his garage for decades, this being one of the many gems in the collection. There were pieces by Howard Terpning, Frank McCarthy, Robert McGinnis, Bob Peak, Jack Thurston, and other well known illustrators of the time (1960's). 

In any case, don't mean to derail this thread, but the Frazetta piece is a fantastic one.

1 hour ago, KingofGames said:

I love that the piece is unfinished. Frozen in time, never to be completed. I wonder what happened. Why it was turned over in its current state? Maybe he missed a deadline and provided what was done? Maybe the studio, MGM, changed directions while he was finalizing? 

The story behind the piece is pretty cool as it is. An MGM art director handed over a haul of art (likely worthless at the time) to cover a bar debt. The bartender stored it in his garage for decades, this being one of the many gems in the collection. There were pieces by Howard Terpning, Frank McCarthy, Robert McGinnis, Bob Peak, Jack Thurston, and other well known illustrators of the time (1960's). 

In any case, don't mean to derail this thread, but the Frazetta piece is a fantastic one.

Quite a bar debt.  He could have likely bought the bar with that kind of art!!