• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your FRAZETTA OA
1 1

70 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The second Johnny Comet Sunday - rumor has it that Frazetta inscribed this to Al Williamson "With Thanks for all you have done for me!" At some point someone put it on the market after scratching out Al's name thinking the personalization lowered the desirability of the page. At any rate it is signed by Frazetta three times...

johnnycomet.jpg

Beautiful piece!

51 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Saw this one at SDCC years ago just before it sold.  It doesn't have some of the elements that people seem to most associate and covet from Frazetta, but I think this is a true Frazetta masterpiece and in many ways one of his best.

+1

Love this painting!

9 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Saw this one at SDCC years ago just before it sold.  It doesn't have some of the elements that people seem to most associate and covet from Frazetta, but I think this is a true Frazetta masterpiece and in many ways one of his best.

Our booth is just up the aisle from Metropolis. Mike and I stared at the painting all week. I loitered around their booth looking at it so much that it became a joke between Rob, Frank and I. I so remember that image from The Art of Frazetta books and the posters going back to the 1970s. There used to be a pizza chain in Austin called Conan's Pizza and they had those posters up all over. The Spiderman poster was right be the front door. Anyhow, it was just kind of serendipitous how everything worked out. I couldn't really afford to get it if it were coming available now.

20 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Our booth is just up the aisle from Metropolis. Mike and I stared at the painting all week. I loitered around their booth looking at it so much that it became a joke between Rob, Frank and I. I so remember that image from The Art of Frazetta books and the posters going back to the 1970s. There used to be a pizza chain in Austin called Conan's Pizza and they had those posters up all over. The Spiderman poster was right be the front door. Anyhow, it was just kind of serendipitous how everything worked out. I couldn't really afford to get it if it were coming available now.

Without selling something else that is!

Good for you!

On 4/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

frazettaspiderman.jpeg

Magnifique! :cloud9:

I am so grateful to have spent quite a bit of time looking at it up close a little over a year ago.  The poster and book reproductions do not do justice to either the richness or subtlety of the colors.  It's not as complicated an image as many of his other pieces but it does not lack for visceral dramatic impact.  I thought at the time it was a bargain relative to what others had sold for and I think the Egyptian Queen sale will make that even more manifest.