• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Mysteries # 19
1 1

27 posts in this topic

DM is one of those super hot titles with certain issues commanding big respect. That's one of them, and the Voodoo issue is no slouch either. On the face of it, condition looks to be attractive so at $500 per book, it's not that outlandish. Might turn out to be a very nice buy for someone. Whoever has bought them certainly knows what they are doing. 2c

Yes, the OP isn't commenting on the 1K price as though it's outlandish -- it's WAY too cheap for what is apparently a quite nice DM 19 (not even mentioning the Voodoo) so it unfortunately causes me to wonder, what's up with these books. Undisclosed resto? Glue? Missing CF? No back cover shots -- where's the "rip" that needs "repair?"

A gamble on the part of the buyer; it could pay off in spades if the books are legit, complete and unrestored.

HOWEVER: looking at the seller's other items, and the "I have some other books coming" group shot, and what else they're selling (a cooking pan, etc.) it does look like this is one of those most desirable of eBay listings (for a buyer) -- the seller really doesn't know what they have. Or they thought they did, anyway, pricing the DM and Voodoo pair at 1K BIN. Looks to me like they left a lot of $$$ on the table, however. Good luck to the buyer on the pressing and grading!

Edited by originalisbest
More info

3 minutes ago, telerites said:

Agree - I wish I would have seen this - looks like a steal but I would have asked for more pics and at least a page count.  The cover looks good but really sparse on pics and any description.  

By the time you would have been waiting to hear back from the seller with your queries, the books would have gone like a flash in the pan.

I am curious if a boardie picked these up. Paging October...LOL

I think there are  people who make a living scrolling comics on Ebay for BINS. (thumbsu

Edited by eccomic

Just now, eccomic said:

By the time you would have been waiting to hear back from the seller with your queries, the books would have gone like a flash in the pan.

I think there are  people who make a living scrolling comics on Ebay for BINS. (thumbsu

Agreed, a too-cheap BIN like this and probably just have to jump on it. Nowadays, actually, buyer protection on eBay/PayPal is pretty solid, so you could return if there were pages missing, glue all over, a ripped back cover, etc. :)

2 minutes ago, eccomic said:

I've been on a weeklong hiatus from comic buying. Looks like I chose the wrong time. :censored:

What a steal.

9 minutes ago, eccomic said:

Well duh to me.  I didn't even see it was BIN.  You're absolutely correct.  

Man! Yep, BINs. Have to remember to look. And look.

I did have one great BIN success happen for me years ago; my midgrade copy of GHOST #9 was all of $5. Listed in the middle of the night and I happened to be scrolling by. I hit the button and paid immediately -- got the book!

Only downside: the seller had exactly zero other books (or anything) for sale. And I really wish it'd been a GHOST #6! (I have a #2 already!) :)

21 minutes ago, eccomic said:

Another steal BIN from a couple of weeks ago... a drop dead gorgeous copy of Flyin Jenny 2 :sorry:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLYIN-JENNY-2-1947-COMIC-BOOK/173484676444?hash=item28647e155c:g:SBAAAOSw-ctbezjd

I actually saw that one on my phone, then went to buy it and it was gone. Too many damn hunters out there.