• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dell'Otto Cover Prelim
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a Gabrielle Del'Otto Pre-Lim Cover for Fear Itself.  I Got it in a trade yesterday with a Guy For some of My own Art and a Book (Nothing too Crazy)  While a fan or OA (Obviously)  and Usually get commissions and Pages from artists directly.  What is the Opinion on Cover Pre Lims?  I Recognized who it was just by looking at the Sketching.  It is Obvious who it is.  1003759471_T2eC16V!zEE9s3!YY5WBRYf0!u5g__60_57.jpg.0504af5732a8863a00efcfda6652b1b8.jpg

It isn't signed? Did the guy you traded with acknowledge the provenance of the piece? I bought a Dell'Otto prelim directly from the artist rep and it was $400 but it also came signed by Dell'Otto be careful with fakes. I'm not saying this one looks like one but you never know.

12 hours ago, timguerrero said:

It isn't signed? Did the guy you traded with acknowledge the provenance of the piece? I bought a Dell'Otto prelim directly from the artist rep and it was $400 but it also came signed by Dell'Otto be careful with fakes. I'm not saying this one looks like one but you never know.

It is signed Vertically

Screenshot_20180915-062917_Chrome.jpg

I'm a fan of prelims.  I especially like prelims by Bruce Timm, Tim Sale, Frank Miller, and Brian Bolland

They may very in size, compared to the published cover art, but for budgetary reasons, they are a great alternative to collecting commissions by the artist.   Usually they go for less than 10% of the published cover's price. 

Plus you can really see the artist fleshing out their ideas. Sometimes nuance is lost when they transition to the inked/painted version