• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random ASM Census stats
1 1

26 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It took me a while to also find a decently wrapped 80 and that is another reason I have not upgraded my copy in an 8.0.  It also took me awhile to find a sharp looking 85.  Interesting... I think the ASM collector knew part of the trends regarding this run but this is the first time I have ever seen 'the numbers'.  

Cool. 

Is your 85 raw or graded? I have 83 & 84 in CGC 9.8's. thinking about getting them reholdered. I'll see if I post pics at some point. 84 is another frustrating miswrapped issue 

Edited by MGsimba77

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Is your 85 raw or graded? I have 83 & 84 in CGC 9.8's. thinking about getting them reholdered. I'll see if I post pics at some point. 84 is another frustrating miswrapped issue 

The 80 is a 8.0 and the 85 I believe is a 9.4.  I stopped really pursuing upgrades once I started buying original art and more Golden Age books.  My 1-100 set is linked below.  It is hard to check on my phone in the area I am in right now. 

17 hours ago, valiantman said:

I hope you aren't spending unnecessary hours pulling the data.

This will load in about 30 seconds: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Amazing:Spider:/comicyearstart/1963/comicyearend/1971/label/all/

:foryou:

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely save this, but I am enjoying going through them individually. Learning a few things I would miss if the info is just right in front of me. At least I won't have to keep it updated after I finish lol. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely save this, but I am enjoying going through them individually. Learning a few things I would miss if the info is just right in front of me. At least I won't have to keep it updated after I finish lol. Thanks!

Best of both worlds. Nothing beats combing careful through the data to learn about it, and a quick lookup or comparison to other titles is always just a few clicks away. :D

On 9/13/2018 at 7:49 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Interesting that #80 is one of the least graded. Took me forever to find mine especially with a decent wrap. That's one of those horribly wrapped issues. 

Wonder why #64 was graded so much? Could it be that memorable cover?

I'll guess #121 or #122 is the most graded in #101-200

64 is a strange one.  Dunno if it’s a warehouse book (like 33), but it’s common as dirt.  Seems that every dealer has a copy.  It’s like the “Romita version” of 23; loads of copies always available.

If i had to guess, I’d say 64 was subbed more than others and typically grades higher b/c of the white cover. White covers tend to hide color breaks (duh!).  63 has the black cover, so ticks show up and a press won’t eliminate the color break.