• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman/Batman Turner Supergirl Nude Variant

28 posts in this topic

I have a copy of the Superman/Batman Turner Supergirl Nude Variant (I attached an image for those that have no idea what I am walking about) and I wondered if they have kept any value? The image is a generic one as my is in a PGX slab and I didn't have the heart to post it (we all make mistakes when we are young :roflmao:). I have had it forever and it is number PP 32/50.

I have seen a few on ebay but I do wonder about the validity of those sales. 

fbc46ca17b206ee40c658ea75a35f111.jpg

10 hours ago, Insanity said:

instead of nude vatiant try saying German variant cuz our nude variant if this

1641261783_supergirlv2.thumb.jpg.17a6c8af3d9ac2f088aae6b8529b0265.jpg

also theres a green 9.8 german variant on ebay running over 2k atm

i saw a raw one for 1k some time back

"Our"? This is a reprint. The German came out way before this.

Yes, the content of the book is the reprint of "Superman/Batman Vol. I (2003)" No. 7 and No. 8.

The cover of the book wasn't printed as a cover before in the U. S., so you could say the cover is no reprint or you could say the cover is a reprint because of the reply above mine.

Further information:

The book was a variant cover in Germany and was supplied only to dealers.

Print run was 499 copies.

Additional there were 50 "publisher proofed" copies made, of which the OP has one (congrats, by the way !).

Have fun,

Archi

On 9/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, archivist said:

Yes, the content of the book is the reprint of "Superman/Batman Vol. I (2003)" No. 7 and No. 8.

The cover of the book wasn't printed as a cover before in the U. S., so you could say the cover is no reprint or you could say the cover is a reprint because of the reply above mine.

Further information:

The book was a variant cover in Germany and was supplied only to dealers.

Print run was 499 copies.

Additional there were 50 "publisher proofed" copies made, of which the OP has one (congrats, by the way !).

Have fun,

Archi

What they are implying, along with other collectors that are realists, is that this is no new image. It is outright a reprinted image. This book has created an unbelievable hype to which I could never wrap my head around. It's value is only based on hype. I'll buy one for $75 max and that's pushing it. I drop $25 before shipping and can get about 15 of Splitter Witchblade variants in NM shape. The German reprints are low grade on some and overall just re-used work.

Don't get me wrong, it is by every right a variant, but a couple grand for something we've already seen is ludicrous. My favorite German cover to date is the Witchblade #15 Buchhandels-Ausgabe (Book Trade Edition) variant. Have one signed by D-tron that matches the poster of the same image signed by Turner, topped off with the book it was originally published in signed by Turner, Benitez and Haberlin. ??

710977.jpg

12 hours ago, KanjiKoka said:

What they are implying, along with other collectors that are realists, is that this is no new image. It is outright a reprinted image. This book has created an unbelievable hype to which I could never wrap my head around. It's value is only based on hype. I'll buy one for $75 max and that's pushing it. I drop $25 before shipping and can get about 15 of Splitter Witchblade variants in NM shape. The German reprints are low grade on some and overall just re-used work.

Don't get me wrong, it is by every right a variant, but a couple grand for something we've already seen is ludicrous. My favorite German cover to date is the Witchblade #15 Buchhandels-Ausgabe (Book Trade Edition) variant. Have one signed by D-tron that matches the poster of the same image signed by Turner, topped off with the book it was originally published in signed by Turner, Benitez and Haberlin. ??

Yes, I'll buy one for $75 too. Heck, make it $76!

Not sure why anyone would want to see Michael Turner character nude anyways. It would just look like a leathery bundle of sticks with Bambi eyes and hardened bolt-ons.