• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age War Books - DC, EC, Atlas, Washtones....

47 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

It's been a looooong time since I've run a sale, so be gentle ;-)

A nice stack of war books coming up today, with a little something for everyone including some things that you don't see every day. First 'I'll Take it' rules.

All sales are guaranteed, and paypal only please. If I can clear these out by the end of the weekend, these will ship out on Tuesday.

Shipping is $8 for one book, $10 for 2, $15 for 3, and beyond that we'll figure it out. Good luck and enjoy the sale!

Shep

Edited by bigfiver69

Two Fisted Tales 19.  GD

This book is super tough, and something of a classic Kurtzman cover and interior story, ‘Jivaro Death!’ I would grade this a weak GD+/VG-, but it has a story panel cut out of the third (and weakest) story. Not sure if that knocks it out of GD, but I’ll leave that to you. A super affordable way to put a tough war book in your collection and basically at half guide at $28

.1717200062_TFT19.thumb.jpeg.12b576a6adbeb92d6ff584e10b49d171.jpeg

Capt. Storm 8. CGC 8.5 VF+ (unlsabbed)

Washtone cover and high grade to boot. Awesome book, with old label CGC header still with book. C/OW pages, though I think they went a little hard on the page quality. Wonderful book – nicest copy I’ve seen in many years of collecting.  $50.00  SOLD!!!

1008662700_Capt.Storm8.thumb.jpeg.b5e9b527800a134f4d71a1e0cfa81ee5.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

Our Army at War 124. FN+/VF-

Awesome copy, and one of only a few Sgt. Rock washtone covers. Classic story too, with awesome Kubert art. This would grade higher, except for a small abrasion in the middle of the back cover. Nothing too serious, but it’s there. $45.00  SOLD!!!!!

OAAW 124.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

Our Army At War 135.  FN

Great copy of this book, with a classic Rock story beautifully drawn by Kubert. Nothing to report – everything is there on the scan. Just a lovely copy of a great book.  $30.00

OAAW 135.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

GI Combat 70. GD+

Solid copy, just showing some wear consistent with this grade, including small hole on cover and first page at the CCA stamp. This is a tougher book in the run, and this is a solid reader. Kubert interior art.  $8.00 SOLD!!!!

GIC 70.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

GI Combat 69.   GD+/VG-

One of the tougher washtones from this run, with a sweet and moody Grandenetti cover. Awesome Heath and Kubert interior art. Light surface wear on cover and thin ½” horizontal tear on back cover.  Still, more than solid. $13.00 SOLD!!!!

GIC 69.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

GI Combat #78.   VG+

Classic washtone cover by Kubert – and one of the greatest DC war covers ever! Tough book to find. This one is rock solid, with some very light foxing on the front cover. Staples are tight. Heath and Drucker interior art.   $48.00 SOLD!!!!

GIC 78 1.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

Star Spangled War Stories #52. FN+

Super nice book, with what can only be described as a classic cover. Seriously, just look at it – Jerry Grandenetti at the very top of his form. Heath art inside. Very light dust shadow on left edge of back cover. Glorious.  $38.00

ssws 52.jpeg