• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age War Books - DC, EC, Atlas, Washtones....

47 posts in this topic

Star Spangled War Stories #62    FN-

Love this book. Great cover (hard to beat DC orange from this era) and an absolute classic – ‘The 3 G.I.s’, written by Bill Finger and masterfully drawn by Russ Heath. Light creasing at upper right corner (visible in scan) and a light date stamp on the back cover. Super book.  $28.00

ssws 62.jpeg

Star Spangled War Stories #68     VG+/FN-

Very nice copy of this book. Light date stamp on back cover, and small split at top of spine (less than ¼”). This is a great issue, with great art by both Russ Heath and Mort Drucker on the interior. $25.00 SOLD!!!

ssws 69.jpeg

Edited by bigfiver69

Star Spangled War Stories #54     G/VG

Solid copy, just showing some wear consistent with this grade. Small letter in ink on back, and corner chip on back cover. Has an AWESOME Kubert air force art job inside.  $14.00

ssws 54.jpeg

12 minutes ago, bigfiver69 said:

Our Army at War 124. FN+/VF-

Awesome copy, and one of only a few Sgt. Rock washtone covers. Classic story too, with awesome Kubert art. This would grade higher, except for a small abrasion in the middle of the back cover. Nothing too serious, but it’s there. $45.00

OAAW 124.jpeg

:takeit: 

4 minutes ago, bigfiver69 said:

Star Spangled War Stories #68     VG+/FN-

Very nice copy of this book. Light date stamp on back cover, and small split at top of spine (less than ¼”). This is a great issue, with great art by both Russ Heath and Mort Drucker on the interior. $25.00

ssws 69.jpeg

1 hour ago, bigfiver69 said:

GI Combat 70. GD+

Solid copy, just showing some wear consistent with this grade, including small hole on cover and first page at the CCA stamp. This is a tougher book in the run, and this is a solid reader. Kubert interior art.  $8.00

GIC 70.jpeg

10 hours ago, bigfiver69 said:

Battle Action 13. G/VG

Book would be a solid VG, but has some legit waviness at bottom. But it’s a super fun reader for just $8.00

1693008968_BattleAction13.thumb.jpeg.1762ded5a459f02b1c52ababdec2087a.jpeg

Capt. Storm 8. CGC 8.5 VF+ (unlsabbed)

Washtone cover and high grade to boot. Awesome book, with old label CGC header still with book. C/OW pages, though I think they went a little hard on the page quality. Wonderful book – nicest copy I’ve seen in many years of collecting.  $50.00

1008662700_Capt.Storm8.thumb.jpeg.b5e9b527800a134f4d71a1e0cfa81ee5.jpeg

Our Army At War 135.  FN

Great copy of this book, with a classic Rock story beautifully drawn by Kubert. Nothing to report – everything is there on the scan. Just a lovely copy of a great book.  $30.00

OAAW 135.jpeg

I'll take the first two. Any chance of seeing the the back on the OOAW?

Edited by DavidTheDavid

On 9/14/2018 at 7:28 AM, Ovrclck said:

Battle 33 is the best book in the thread. An Easter egg of the first order with that Severin story. Simply one of the greatest war comics ever. I know a couple of folks locally who are actively searching for ANY copy of that comic. Score!

(Psssst. . .Shep. . .good to see you here, my brother!  Best to you and fam. Good luck with the sales thread!)

7 minutes ago, comick1 said:

Battle 33 is the best book in the thread. An Easter egg of the first order with that Severin story. Simply one of the greatest war comics ever. I know a couple of folks locally who are actively searching for ANY copy of that comic. Score!

(Psssst. . .Shep. . .good to see you here, my brother!  Best to you and fam. Good luck with the sales thread!)

Agreed. As an Atlas war collector of many years, it’s one of a handful of books I’m still after to finish all the runs.

1 hour ago, comick1 said:

Nice to be here Mick! This is actually the 3rd copy of that book I have had over the years, so I’m surprised to hear it’s appears to be a tough get.

Best to you and your family too my man!! Talk soon,

Shep

1 hour ago, comick1 said:

Wow! I had no clue. Now I'm super jazzed to read it! :)