• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink September Focused Auction
1 1

39 posts in this topic

It's a measure of how incredibly strong the market is, that results like this one don't even get a mention on the boards anymore. 0.5 brittle for over $2,000.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1268483

Glad I got my 9.6 white when I did! lol

Edited by october

55 minutes ago, october said:

It's a measure of how incredibly strong the market is, that results like this one don't even get a mention on the boards anymore. 0.5 brittle for over $2,000.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1268483

:whatthe:

1 hour ago, october said:

You misspelled clinically insane.

2 hours ago, october said:

I was watching that sorry i sold my under copy years ago

4 hours ago, october said:

curious: what do you think a CGC 5.5 copy is worth? Such little data on that book it is tough to come up with a value especially with the astronomical increases to golden age horror / classic covers.

Mask1_zpsc27cab02.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

curious: what do you think a CGC 5.5 copy is worth? Such little data on that book it is tough to come up with a value especially with the astronomical increases to golden age horror / classic covers.

We'll if you extrapolate from the sale of the cgc 0.5 brittle page copy with typical GA book scaling, your 5.5 should be about a $30,000 book... and the previously mentioned  9.6 should go for $500,000- 750,000.  Good luck with that to both of you ...

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Mask1_zpsc27cab02.jpg

I'd like to say 12-15k is what it would bring at auction, but with this market, who knows?  The hopes of me ever getting a decent looking copy are gone with the wind.  That's about the only thing I know for sure. :D 

5 hours ago, october said:

Here's another example of a surprisingly strong price:  Over $2600 for a 1.0 Tec 26 with brittle pages!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2018sept%26session%3D2%26x%3D21%26y%3D6%26pg%3D5%23Item_1270286&id=1270286&itemType=0

13 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

There are a few Instagram guys who are actively chasing pre-hero sets and showing off their copies. I'd hazard it's having an impact.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

If they're paying prices like that, they could convince me to let go some of my undercopies!

I know at least one of them is familiar with your collection, so it's in the realm of possibility!

4 hours ago, szavisca said:
5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

We'll if you extrapolate from the sale of the cgc 0.5 brittle page copy with typical GA book scaling, your 5.5 should be about a $30,000 book... and the previously mentioned  9.6 should go for $500,000- 750,000.  Good luck with that to both of you ...

Well, as we all know by now, Overstreet doesn't list guide valuations for uber HG books over NM- 9.2 condition levels due to the high volatility associated with these nosebleed grades.

Likewise, I guess Overstreet also doesn't bother to list guide valuations for books under the Good 2.0 condition levels.  Perfectly understandable here for both key GA books or HTF classic cover books due to the "clinically insane" prices being paid by collectors just to obtain entry level copies of these books.  hm

38 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, as we all know by now, Overstreet doesn't list guide valuations for uber HG books over NM- 9.2 condition levels due to the high volatility associated with these nosebleed grades.

Likewise, I guess Overstreet also doesn't bother to list guide valuations for books under the Good 2.0 condition levels.  Perfectly understandable here for both key GA books or HTF classic cover books due to the "clinically insane" prices being paid by collectors just to obtain entry level copies of these books.  hm

My estimates were tongue in cheek ... quickly extrapolated from a price per point estimate... pretty sure they’d go nowhere near what I said... but who knows!

Some one lost their mind on that Mask (or playing games), doubt that person pays for it.  Not at all indicative of market.

Going back up in the next auction is my guess, like the accepted reprint popular teenagers an auction or two back.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:11 PM, Johnny545 said:

Some one lost their mind on that Mask (or playing games), doubt that person pays for it.  Not at all indicative of market.

Going back up in the next auction is my guess, like the accepted reprint popular teenagers an auction or two back.

A guy who says it's his just posted it in a Facebook group. He seems pretty happy about it.