• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink September Focused Auction

5 posts in this topic

Just now, SBRobin said:

What are tracking bids?

Bids, typically much lower than FMV and early in the auction, intended to flag items for monitoring (bid's intent is not to win). Usually used to see what the item ends up selling for or for circling back to make a play for the item. It's a workaround for shortcomings in CL's interface...

1 minute ago, SBRobin said:

What are tracking bids?

Super low bids so I can easily keep track of the books I'm interested in the "My Auction Bids" view of the ComicLink site. Typically placed on the first few days of the auction - talking like $5-$15 even though the books will likely hammer for mega-multiples of that. The earlier you can place them the better...usually logon as soon as the auction starts to place the $1 tracking bid.

Actually helps me also keep track of the books price changes over time as CLink seems to store this data forever (have data going back to 2008 in my view). The data includes your bid and the final sale price.