• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon September 2018 Report

64 posts in this topic

For those who enjoy the smaller shows (like myself), what do you expect the ticket price to be? I think I must be spoiled because of the Philly airport show ($3, $2 with the flyer) and the CHUD in Cherry Hill ($1 or get in free if you know the password).

Very clean and organized, but the lack of humanoids is depressing. I know people here don't like a crowded show, but if only 12 people show up, 3 of whom are spending money, how can they do these shows year after year?

10 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Great pics.  Thanks.  I'll be in Buffalo on Nov 3 & 4.  Anything going on comic show wise then?  Any stores that you can recommend other than Q City (I already know about that one) :bigsmile:

http://www.dacardworld.com/

http://www.sleepinggiantcollectibles.com/

On 9/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, the blob said:

Very clean and organized, but the lack of humanoids is depressing. I know people here don't like a crowded show, but if only 12 people show up, 3 of whom are spending money, how can they do these shows year after year?

I've yet to been to any show like that anywhere.

1 hour ago, Park said:

Has there ever been a reappearance of Underwear on the Outside Man?

I spotted (and took pictures of!) him back in 2009 at the NYC Con.   I don't think he's been mentioned since. 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I've yet to been to any show like that anywhere.

I wasn't being literal with the 12 people. But those pics show something that is nearly empty. Now maybe blowupthemoon dropped a few grand there and helped pay everyone's rent, but maybe not.