• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Resistance
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Premiering on Disney XD on October 7th, the latest installment of the Star Wars Universe follows the tradition of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels.  This takes place six months prior to the events of the sequel trilogy.  Whatever your thoughts on the sequel trilogy, the series will be headed by Dave Filoni who headed the previous two Star Wars television series and the one who is bringing back the 'lost' episodes of The Clone Wars to Disney. The Clone Wars and Rebels both got off to rocky starts and eventually became some of the better received Star Wars entertainment post Return of the Jedi.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Premiere is October 7th with the full series regularly scheduled at a later date.  

One of the characters is wearing a variation of the "Classic Lego Space" shirt.  Be prepared for Spaceballs the Power of Money in this one. 

112929_0.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.47.08 AM.png

Thanks for this. I've been out of the loop and didn't realize this was so close. Clone Wars is simply amazing.

Glad I quit Star Wars Card Trader. If this is even a fraction as good as CW was, I'd fall even deeper into that addiction.

Edited by awakeintheashes

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm interested, but I'm skeptical because the art style looks too cutesy.

Yeah, I feel ya. I loved Rebels and its animation. This is a little too kid oriented for me. Not liking the animation feel either. 

Looking forward to the conclusion of Clone Wars though!

16 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Just one question that really matters... WHERE'S AHSOKA?! lol

This looks lower stakes than the other shows, but if Filoni is there, I'm there.

Filoni has shown himself to be an excellent showrunner.  Even if he is only supervising the series and is not involved in the day to day operations I believe his name attached to the series lends itself to at least giving it a chance.  I would like to see what he would do with his own live action trilogy. 

Edited by Buzzetta

NecroThreading this. Just got back into the show and halfway done with season 1. It’s not that bad, and I didn’t realize it was also a Filoni project. I’m also impressed with the voice cast for the show. Oscar Isaac plays Poe.

Looking forward to binging the heck out of this over the next month or so. 

Not sure if anyone else has watched this, but I’m just finishing up Season 1. The show starts out very kid-friendly, which I think was intentional and also helps develop the characters and your relationship to them. The last 1/3 of the season really picks up and gives you a sense of how terrible the First Order was  from the perspective of those territories occupied by them. It’s something the sequels never really mastered. The destruction of Hosnisn Prime from this perspective is well done. 

I’ve heard the second season is very good, so I’ll be working my way through that soon.