• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milwaukee Mighty Con Sept 22 - Wisc State Fairgrounds

15 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, westerberg14 said:

Is anyone here going to this?  I didn't see it in my searches, but might have missed it.  I went to a Mighty Con in Dupage last year and it was decent.

https://www.mightyconshows.com/show/milwaukee

I am planning on going. Hoping to setup but apparently the vendor slots sold out a while ago.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

I will be marginally set up for this show -- basically a wall/display and a couple short boxes of wall books.

Any suggestions or wants?

Campbell Vampirella Holofoil cover :baiting:

Tables were sold out so I was able to bring a couple short boxes of wall books and my wall from a friend who had two tables. Here is our setup. 

The other guy was selling comics at half off; not really any keys but did have bronze horror and other good reading material  

Due to a couple factors, I arrived later than I wanted. The building is also very large so it is difficult to find your spot. Because of my late arrival I missed dealer sales — which usually moves a lot of comics and cash. Our setup looked good but we were stuck in the back, away from the door and the other comic dealers. There was also a 20 ft high print display directly in front of us. 

Needless to say selling for me was not good. I didn’t stick around to talk to other dealers but I don’t think many large dollar purchases occurred. A lot of people attacking the $.50 boxes. I can count on one hand my sales and I was quoting some very good prices. Suffice it to say my time and sales would have been better if I stayed home and scanned for eBay

Biggest surprise was a Cerebus 1 on a dealer’s wall. Picked that up but it’s catch and release. 

32D09241-352C-4C7F-ADB7-B2CDC23EF16C.jpeg

1195D85B-F2BD-436B-A071-E49405DCD231.jpeg

5CF1B417-B771-415E-8C1B-C5CF32A44103.jpeg

Sales:

ASM 316

Batman 227

Batman 234

Black Canary + Oracle NN

DC Comics Presents 26

Detective 475 (Joker Fish)

Wendy 1

------------------------------------

And the Batman 227 and Wendy were sales to the guy I set up with, so they don't really count.

Though I don't think any of the other dealers post here, I would really like to hear what they thought of the show.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the earlier post that my display wall fell in some way (I was not there). Allegedly the only comic which suffered damage was the ASM 315 (though I see a defect on the DC 47 I don't think was there before). At least it wasn't the MSH 13. But just another nail in the coffin for this show.