[CLOSED] Closing Today! See last post for 15% off some books! Cheap SOTI/POP books! Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated - Sharing an Estate Collection
1 1

181 posts in this topic

6,401 posts

Hi everyone,

Details on what's to come in post #2, but there's 10 books (Gold and a couple silver) ready to get us started. But first...

:rulez:

1) Payment is money order or check; I do not have Paypal.

2) Shipping U.S. Or Canada is actual; in U.S., (I will do a single book first class at $5, a few books priority at $7; if they are more than I can fit in a flip n ship mailer inserted in a legal size priority envelope, we move to a region B box or medium priority box)

3) Returns -- Sure; just notify me within days of receipt and get them back on your dime looking the same.

4) First :takeit: in thread wins

5) Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Edited by Readcomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bA word about what's to come:

Some of you may have seen my recent posts about acquiring a 16-box estate collection that is perhaps 80% Classics Comics/Classics Illustrated -- I will be parsing for a while; this guy seemed to be shooting for every HRN of all 169 issues, and he came close! We ARE NOT starting with classics as it was easiest to sort the other 20% and choose those keepers and sharers first. So we are starting tonight with some of the random Gold and Silver from this collection. (The non-CI 20% ranges from GA to Copper! We will see GSB in this thread over time.)

With regard to Classics, if you need any for a set, PM me and I will try to help as I sort. I am trying to separate originals from later HRNs and line-drawn covers from painted covers. My interests for keepers lie among the line-drawn original editions, but not all of them.

Okay, on to the rest of this very cool collection; 10 books coming up!

 

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

First up is a silver cheesecake cover, Adventures of Jerry Lewis #76 in FN/FN-.

Let's say (WAS $15) NOW $10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

Don Winslow #51 in GD, on overall wear. Note small hole punch bottom of back cover. Great Don in bondage/Singapore Sal cover. $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

:news: SOLD! Dobie Gillis #3 in VG- with 1" lower spine split, top staple detached at cover. On the plus side, more cheesecake than Junior's of Brooklyn. $7

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,824 posts
3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Dobie Gillis #3 in VG- with 1" lower spine split, top staple detached at cover. On the plus side, more cheesecake than Junior's of Brooklyn. $7

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

Here's a Dell Giant from 1963... Universal Pictures presents Dracula, the Mummy & Other Stories. VG $15 

 

 

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Photo replacement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

:news: SOLD! Mr. District Attorney #1 in VG. Note tape on cover lower left. Howard Purcell cover, 14 on census. (WAS $150) NOW $100

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

More tomorrow, from Bronze Age to vol #1 (1941 issues) Shadow Comics....and eventually we'll even get to Classics....did I mention there's even a boatload of foreign editions in here???? Time to sort more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts
1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Do you have Classics Illustrated #32 "Lorna Doone" 1st Edition? :wishluck:

Hiya Michael! :hi: Thanks for asking about this. Thus far, I have one original #32 and its on my keeper list (which overall won't be too huge) but...

I have several copies of #32 including early editions, and will make all others available. I also have more sorting to do (which is why I say thus far about an original 32) and already have sorted and identified four full boxes of line-drawn covers, many originals, and I cannot keep them all. There is NOT a full set (1-80) or original line-drawns, so I will keep a few faves only, but many will be made available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,401 posts

Everything prior to this post constitutes Round One. :sumo:

Round Two (just a few tonight; early day tomorrow) begins right now.... :luhv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
1 1