• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing Today! See last post for 15% off some books! Cheap SOTI/POP books! Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated - Sharing an Estate Collection

181 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Hi Gene,can't resist popping in!I believe that Macbeth in the Famous Authors lot is a SOTI book,no?Great stuff,glwts!

Thank you, Jimmers! Yes it is a SOTI and, thank you for reminding me, so are several issues of Classics -- 10,13,15,43,44,50,55,68. Also, CI #'s 89,99, and 128 are POP books. I have editions of all to share here, including originals on some (50 and 68 for certain) so I will group them and make them the next few books offered in this thread! Thank you! Maybe even tonight if I can stay awake.

About 43 -- there were only two editions, and it's relatively sought-after as the Classics run goes, it seems. I have one of each in this collection, but both are under separate discussions to help boardies finish runs. If they are passed on, they will be added at some point, but I am not rushing anyone so it may be a while if at all.

With such a big collection, the vast majority of what I will not keep still won't make it to the boards, but I have been taking Pm's and trying to help people fill holes. 43 must be tough; asked for by several.

22 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Dibs please of you ever get sick of the Canadian Classic #13!

Would an HRN 28 (4th edition) do? That's the only original cover #13 that came in this collection. My personal copy you're thinking of is HRN 20 (3rd edition). If so, I'll pm a pic tomorrow, because....

:news: SOLD! Classics Illustrated #50 Tom Sawyer, original edition 1A (HRN 51 date 8/48). I hate to call this a VG+ but that streak (dirt? Stain?) on the right edge of the back cover is marring an otherwise solid FN. Used in SOTI, pg 37. Take it for $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

More SOTI /POP to come, including early LDC's that are not original editions, if you just want cheap reader editions of SOTI books. But that's a wrap for tonight.

PM's are welcome on anything in this thread; if I posted it here I want to find it a good home, as this was a big collection with plenty of keepers selected already. I cannot keep them all :sorry:

On 9/28/2018 at 10:18 PM, Readcomix said:

Classics Illustrated #50 Tom Sawyer, original edition 1A (HRN 51 date 8/48). I hate to call this a VG+ but that streak (dirt? Stain?) on the right edge of the back cover is marring an otherwise solid FN. Used in SOTI, pg 37. Take it for $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit: per PM.

I had almost forgotten that Classics were also cited in SOTI.  

41 minutes ago, davet75 said:

:takeit: per PM.

I had almost forgotten that Classics were also cited in SOTI.  

^^ Classics 50 Tom Sawyer original 1A edition! Thank you Dave! 

I had forgotten about Classics and SOTI too, until @porcupine48 reminded me that one of the Famous Authors Illustrated books (there's a full run on offer a few pages back in this thread, which reminded him) had brought it up. I think it was eight Classics in SOTI, as well as three in POP. 

Eventually, I'll get examples of all into this thread so readers of each are available; not in all cases do I have original editions unfortunately. (I am NOT hoarding any original edition SOTI classics, gang -- my keepers from this collection are the original edition #1, a couple of the horror covers such as 29,40,41; and maybe the 33 Sherlock Holmes but I am on the fence. I also want a couple early originals for their back covers with the coming next ads -- the ads for Dr Jekyll and for Uncle Toms Cabin, which are in 12 and 14, respectively.)

Edited by Readcomix
Forgot to name book taken