• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing Today! See last post for 15% off some books! Cheap SOTI/POP books! Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated - Sharing an Estate Collection

181 posts in this topic

That's it for tonight, gang! As mentioned before, the next two weeks are crazy for me, so if takes go unacknowledged or PM's sit a bit, I apologize; I will catch up later in the week this week and next, then continue with more consistency the second weekend in October. Lots of books remain; anyone wanting to get their books can just pm me about wrapping up, but taking and waiting is fine as well, as there will be lots more to come after the slower stretch the next couple weeks.

Thanks to all lookers and takers; I hope everyone is enjoying this collection as I'm posting. It's a collecting area I wasn't as familiar with, but I am quickly learning the history of the Classics run, and learning how enjoyable many of them are as well! (thumbsu

:bump:

Hoping to have time by this weekend to add more, but in the meantime there's plenty here yet, much of which has seen price cuts added (on a listing by listing basis). Open to PM's too. In the middle of back to back crazy weeks currently, but I will get back to you by evening (east coast time.)

POST OF DEMARCATION :acclaim:Anything unsold that is further back in this thread than this post is 15% OFF!

I will try to get some more books up this weekend (more original edition Classics and some other stuff) but in the meantime ...

Take 15% anything remaining unsold before this post!

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD! This is so weird I almost saved it for my next "You Might Find It" thread...

I cannot find any comps of these but they appear to be from the early 80's. Set of six Classics with cassette tapes (two tapes missing, some of the sealed plastic opening at the bottoms, below the books. Comics are slightly taller than digest size. Take the set for $40.

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

On 9/20/2018 at 10:03 PM, Readcomix said:

Classics Illustrated #32 HRN 118 (4th edition, last LDC) Lorna Doone. Fair due to 2" tear through book on spine side just below bottom staple. Again, great color strike. All Baker. $5

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 9/20/2018 at 10:05 PM, Readcomix said:

Classics Illustrated #32 HRN 138 (1st painted cover) Baker interior; mirror image of previous Baker cover is the new splash. VG+ $5

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit: If still available...

22 hours ago, Readcomix said:

This is so weird I almost saved it for my next "You Might Find It" thread...

I cannot find any comps of these but they appear to be from the early 80's. Set of six Classics with cassette tapes (two tapes missing, some of the sealed plastic opening at the bottoms, below the books. Comics are slightly taller than digest size. Take the set for $40.

image.jpeg

What's that I see?  A variation of a Classics book that was used in SOTI?  And it's a variation I've never seen before.  I guess that means :takeit:

39 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:

What's that I see?  A variation of a Classics book that was used in SOTI?  And it's a variation I've never seen before.  I guess that means :takeit:

^^ Classics cassette set! Thank you, SOTI! :headbang:

I just wish I had listed them earlier, to ship everything together.... These are pretty cool though, and I could not find comps anywhere -- or any info on them, for that matter....

I have pulled all the SOTI/POP Claasics books of various HRN's and I will shoot and post them next in this thread; lots more to come (thumbsu