• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing Today! See last post for 15% off some books! Cheap SOTI/POP books! Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated - Sharing an Estate Collection

181 posts in this topic

:news:ON HOLD! For a great and legendary boardie of discerning taste!

When I tell you this guy was a Classics completist in intention, I mean it....

First up, how about a taste of bronze with a full set (1-36) of Marvel Classics Comics? I'd say average grade is VF, with a couple outliers higher and a couple maybe FVF range. (WAS $100) for the complete run. 

NOW $75

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

First up, Shadow Comics vol. 1 #11 (July 1941). I'll say Good minus as its complete but has a variety of ailments including ink blots on the cover, a taped spine, some paper loss on cover, a stack roll, rusted top staple, various bends and wear to some pages. But an overall bright, clean and best of all supple interior, with the origin of the Hooded Wasp and Wasplet retold, a human sacrifice scene, and a Dead End Kids story.

8 on the census. (WAS $150) NOW $90

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

And to go with it....from September 1941...Shadow Comics vol. 1 #12. I'll go Fair 1.0 on a beat but complete 1941 book. Upper left corner cut off (I suspect chewing, then cut neatly; see lesser paper loss at lower right corner) then spine re-taped. You'll see in one photo I use a backing board to hold the front cover open as the tape job keeps it from laying open flat.

But you had to see the "Crime Does Not Pay" splash. Again, supple, bright and clean pages. Dead End Kids story. CF tight at staples. 10 on the census. (WAS $125) NOW $75

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Ok, everything between this post and the "end of round one" post constitutes Round Two. Sorry there's nothing else tonight but I have gotten a lot of PM's on specific Classics and focused tonight on catching those up.

More books soon, hopefully tomorrow....I'd like to next get up all my copies of #32 Lorna Doone (from 2nd edition on) and a full run of Stories by Famous Authors Illustrated.

:news: As some of the books in the first two rounds are tough to get comps on, I may have been off, so I went back just now and lowered some prices. (Check out Mr District Attorney #1 :baiting:) Happy hunting! (thumbsu

Also, I'll offer two package deals here:

Take both Don Winslows (51&52) for $40 :whatthe:

Take both Shadow Comics (v1 #'s 11&12) for $150 :whatthe::whatthe:

Thanks for looking; more soon! Feel free to PM with both offers or Classics Illustrated requests. I won't be able to offer most of them here as it would take forever, but there's 5 boxes of LDC's and three of painted covers (with most all original editions among the #81-169 painted cover originals era) so I can check for specific books.

Thanks everyone! 

Edited by Readcomix