• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Received" Another bug in status?

7 posts in this topic

I was happy to see the submission tracking was fixed last week and I can see my in progress submissions.  But, between Friday and Today it appears either all of my books finished CCS (some hadn't even arrived there yet) or there's another submission status bug; all of my in-progress books now say "Received" as the status rather than "At CCS" or "Req'd CCS".

Anyone else seeing this?

On 9/17/2018 at 12:25 PM, Nemogollom said:

I was happy to see the submission tracking was fixed last week and I can see my in progress submissions.  But, between Friday and Today it appears either all of my books finished CCS (some hadn't even arrived there yet) or there's another submission status bug; all of my in-progress books now say "Received" as the status rather than "At CCS" or "Req'd CCS".

Anyone else seeing this?

Were you having them graded after pressing?

From my experience when it says "Received" it means CCS process has completed and books are now at CGC.

Right now I currently have 7 modern active submissions; 1 was already "Received", 3 were "At CCS" as of 7/6, 8/6, 9/10, so there's a chance they came back to "Received" (although timing on the same day is unlikely).  The other 3 were at " Rec-CCS required" from 8/10, 8/13, 8/23 but are now "Received".  It's highly unlikely that they went to CCS and came back "Received" (waiting for grading) on the same day, a week after they fixed the previous submission tracking bugs.

Any way, either the system no longer gives CCS information (before CGC grading), or they have a new submission tracking bug in the UI. I just thought others might have seen it as well.

After writing CGC, I'm not totally convinced they understood what I was describing, suffice it to say this looks like the be norm.  It'll show receiving regardless of whether they have the book or CCS has the book.  The only indication that it's at CCS is that you'll get a CCS invoice when the pressing starts and a CGC invoice (and updated submission date) when CGC is going to start working on it.

The real downside is that it now hides that information and makes their already long process times look worse.  I'm surprised they haven't already fixed this just to keep customers happy seeing some progress, but....