• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC label changes through the years - a visual guide
3 3

75 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I noticed that one of the examples is OFF-WHITE to WHITE pages, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not the same book. :grin:

Ehh that's trivial. Makes it easy to see where the fields are located in the different iterations since the data is the same

6 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

No, they keep a stockpile of the old labels and never use them except when someone sends in a re-holder.

doh!

:roflmao:

Jackwagon.

Edit: I was asking if they re-use the current label as opposed to making a new one. Lol.

Edited by TwoPiece

Just now, seanfingh said:

I'm sorry - sarcasm is the last resort of a witty and humorous intellect. But sometimes I just can't help it. 

Fixed

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Thanks for another cool post OP - neat to see, especially with same book reference?

I didn't want different books to be a distraction or to cause any debates.  Straightforward labels for the same book through the CGC timeline. (thumbsu

On 9/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, valiantman said:

cgclabeltypes.png

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/images/cgclabeltypes.png

I realize most of us lived it, so we don't need a reference... but I also added the dates of usage, which most people can't remember off the top of their heads.  :foryou:

This was a great thread with nice visuals.  Do you happen to know the dates when CGC went without the inner well?  I think it was only a few months, but it would be nice information to add to this thread for those of us older members who have poor memories.  Thanks, Paul~

I just cracked out a "post April 2016" and a "pre April 2016" a couple days ago.

The new slabs are a biatch to crack, even using the long slim screw-driver method.

How come no brief "creep-engine" slab?  Or do we figure all those got cracked out?  I know all mine were, but I did just receive one from a board purchase this last year.  It was all creeped up, but sprang back to flat after liberation.

5 hours ago, picon3 said:

This was a great thread with nice visuals.  Do you happen to know the dates when CGC went without the inner well?  I think it was only a few months, but it would be nice information to add to this thread for those of us older members who have poor memories.  Thanks, Paul~

I believe it was about two months, so roughly April 2016 to June 2016.