• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Pricing Information on the following Price Variants
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I assume you tried GPA?

Best investment I ever made.

While there are very few sales recently or ever, the only place to get your starting point would be here.

If you don't have a subscription, it will be worth it to get one. Otherwise, many boardies consider it poor taste to give away information while someone else is trying to make a living by compiling it.

Are you keeping it? Then I would guess value only matters for insurance purposes, in which case value it as you wish.

Are you selling it? Then the only way to truly gauge value is to put it up for sale at auction.

Edited by NP_Gresham

18 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I assume you tried GPA?

Best investment I ever made.

While there are very few sales recently or ever, the only place to get your starting point would be here.

If you don't have a subscription, it will be worth it to get one. Otherwise, many boardies consider it poor taste to give away information while someone else is trying to make a living by compiling it.

Are you keeping it? Then I would guess value only matters for insurance purposes, in which case value it as you wish.

Are you selling it? Then the only way to truly gauge value is to put it up for sale at auction.

OP probably has the only sale point of #1 that is listed on GPA from 2009. Notice also the label does not list the price variants. These were done before the notation was added. No 8.5 variants on the census.

So, what I'm getting at is yes, GPA is useful, but you need some sale points to get the value out of it. These I agree, just put it up for auction or a price you would be very happy to part with them and see what happens.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Battlegrounds Games said:

Having trouble finding any recent sales on these two books. Any information towards some accurate pricing would be great!

Human Fly #1 CGC 8.5 White Pages .35 Variant

Human Fly #2 CGC 9.4 White Pages .35 Variant

Thanks!

41739406_1708443379262039_7783055132098297856_n.jpg

41687790_672144909826461_5357200725065596928_n.jpg

The only way to ascertain value on stuff like this is to put them in auction. Trying to sell these with a BIN is not a smart move.

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The only way to ascertain value on stuff like this is to put them in auction. Trying to sell these with a BIN is not a smart move.

Yes but not on eBay unless he's a high profile seller with a high following.

It may be better to have Clink or comic connect auction it off for him. More views that way.

Assuming the intent is to sell of course

Edited by MGsimba77

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yes but not on eBay unless he's a high profile seller with a high following.

It may be better to have Clink or comic connect auction it off for him. More views that way.

Assuming the intent is to sell of course

If you have the time to wait, Buy it now or best offer is the way to go.

I had the whole 35 Cent Variant set and pretty much all of them were Single Highest, Highest, 2nd Highest or High Grade. I've always done better when I've sold them with buy it now or best offer and private sales than auctioning them off.

I owned the Human Fly #1 Single Highest 9.6 and I can't remember what I got for it as it was a while ago now and I sold it with a handful of others in a package deal and I also had a Human Fly #2 CGC 9.0 which is listed as highest as of now and I'm not sure I even got $200 for it. Not a title people are drooling over. Your pretty much limited to price variant collectors and those chasing top census books.

9 minutes ago, Ghostzapper said:

If you have the time to wait, Buy it now or best offer is the way to go.

I had the whole 35 Cent Variant set and pretty much all of them were Single Highest, Highest, 2nd Highest or High Grade. I've always done better when I've sold them with buy it now or best offer and private sales than auctioning them off.

I owned the Human Fly #1 Single Highest 9.6 and I can't remember what I got for it as it was a while ago now and I sold it with a handful of others in a package deal and I also had a Human Fly #2 CGC 9.0 which is listed as highest as of now and I'm not sure I even got $200 for it. Not a title people are drooling over. Your pretty much limited to price variant collectors and those chasing top census books.

I agree with doing a bin over an auction 100% but in this case I think the OP doesn't have too much sales data to go on. What would the bin number be on the #2? Would you go by what happened in 09 with the #1?

I figure anyone interested or searching for a human fly book is more likely than not frequenting comic auction sites other than eBay. Besides Clink & CC allow auctions to last way longer allowing for more exposure. Probably Heritage too.

Personally I'd just put a number on it and wait it out. I hate auctions

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I agree with doing a bin over an auction 100% but in this case I think the OP doesn't have too much sales data to go on. What would the bin number be on the #2? Would you go by what happened in 09 with the #1?

I figure anyone interested or searching for a human fly book is more likely than not frequenting comic auction sites other than eBay. Besides Clink & CC allow auctions to last way longer allowing for more exposure. Probably Heritage too.

Personally I'd just put a number on it and wait it out. I hate auctions

What would be the BIN on the HFly#2 9.4, who knows. I waited a while but I just sold a Marvel Team-Up #59 CGC 9.4 35 Cent Variant Single Highest Graded for $485, so I probably got around $420 after fees. The Marvel Team-Up is a more popular title.

I think those variant books (Human Fly) would get more exposure on ebay with people searching directly for price variants than buried in over 100 pages deep in focused auctions. If someone wants it bad enough they will make you an offer. in regards to price variants there's certainly not a lot of sales data to go on and some cases non at all (anywhere from them being rare in high grade, to private sales, comiclink not reporting sales to GPA, etc..). In any case I don't think an auction on those particular books (Human Fly price variants) is the way to go if you want to maximize your price. That is why I said if you can wait and list it with a reasonable buy it now or best offer and see what interest you get would be better. I would look for as many past sales as I can for highest graded 35 cent price variant copies in 9.4 and go off that. There's enough sales in that range to get an idea where to price them. I can't count the amount of times I won Single Highest or Highest Graded price variants at any of those sites at auction and sold them for multiples in private sales or with a buy it now or best offer due to lack of sales and other bidders not wanting to create new price precedence at auction. On some of those price variants, comiclink has been a gold mine for bidders. Certainly not in all cases like If you had a highest graded 9.8/9.6 variant of Conan, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, X-Men or any grade of the Star Wars you might do very good but if it's just another title and the only appeal is that it's a high grade price variant the bidder is going to have the edge.