• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery in Space and Strange Adventures plots.

6 posts in this topic

I haven’t read many of them, being more familiar with EC’s science-fiction books.  I did have a read of some early issues of Strange Adventures last week, and noticed a few of the same tropes you’d find in ECs, although I prefer the latter’s execution of those in terms of both story and art.

Nonetheless, you can’t argue with the fun factor of, say, a plumber defeating an invasion by a super-advanced alien species by applying his knowledge of flanges and lead piping. Possibly from Daxam, in that case.

Entertaining stuff. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I haven’t read many of them, being more familiar with EC’s science-fiction books.  I did have a read of some early issues of Strange Adventures last week, and noticed a few of the same tropes you’d find in ECs, although I prefer the latter’s execution of those in terms of both story and art.

Nonetheless, you can’t argue with the fun factor of, say, a plumber defeating an invasion by a super-advanced alien species by applying his knowledge of flanges and lead piping. Possibly from Daxam, in that case.

Entertaining stuff. 

The aliens always have some absurd weakness which the working man exploits.  Like maybe they cant stand jellybeans, or something.

19 hours ago, kav said:

The aliens always have some absurd weakness which the working man exploits.  Like maybe they cant stand jellybeans, or something.

Or things colored yellow.....,