• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting from multiple grading tiers
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2018 at 9:56 PM, SunTzu Warrior said:

I have a submission question.  Can you submit books from different grading tiers on your online submission form?  And if so, how will they be shipped back to you?  All at once?  Or will the  books from each tier be shipped seperately from each other?  Thanks.

They ship each tier back to you separately. For example, if you send in 3 moderns & 1 Value, you will receive 2 shipments. :)

On 11/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, Not A Clone said:
On 9/18/2018 at 6:56 PM, SunTzu Warrior said:

I have a submission question.  Can you submit books from different grading tiers on your online submission form?  And if so, how will they be shipped back to you?  All at once?  Or will the  books from each tier be shipped seperately from each other?  Thanks.

They ship each tier back to you separately. For example, if you send in 3 moderns & 1 Value, you will receive 2 shipments. :)

Can you not ask for them to be held and shipped back to you all together?  ???

It would definitely help by keeping your shipping charges down to a much more reasonable amount if you have to pay for it.  If shipping is included in the grading charges, then it really doesn't matter, although it's still more convenient to get them all back at the same time.  

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It would definitely help by keeping your shipping charges down to a much more reasonable amount if you have to pay for it.  If shipping is included in the grading charges, then it really doesn't matter, although it's still more convenient to get them all back at the same time.  

Nope, I tried.  Each invoice goes separate...

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

They don't hold books for insurance reasons. The insurance you pay on your invoice is based on the value claimed and length of time for tier used. It costs them money to hold your books. While I've never been able to have them hold any of my submissions, I have heard of them occasionally accommodating.  I'm sure someone will brag here how they have been able to get books held. Maybe you can use them as a reference.

• Administrator
On 5/2/2023 at 2:55 PM, joeypost said:
On 4/29/2023 at 8:03 AM, CGC Mike said:

Yes.

But not returned?

Each submission is shipped back to the customer separately.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

Each submission is shipped back to the customer separately.

Seems there is confusion about this in another thread. 

• Administrator
On 5/2/2023 at 10:13 PM, joeypost said:

Seems there is confusion about this in another thread. 

I asked a senior customer service rep, and this should clear up any confusion.  

For comics and cards that use the online submission form, there is no option on that form for them to request their items to ship back together.  We do have a "ship with" option on the NGC and PMG forms as they still use the fillable pdf form.  For those two companies they can request any invoices to ship back together.  

Comics and cards don't offer that, but they will allow customers to request submissions/orders of the same grading tier to be tagged together in our system.  It has to be the same grading tier and something that will be completed around the same time.  For instance, if a customer has two modern submissions that were sent in within a few days of each other and he wants us to ship them back together, we will allow it and can tag them together in our system.  But if they have a High Value and and Vintage (we have new tiers/pricing btw if you weren't aware) then they can't get those tagged because they will be completed at different times as they have very different turnaround times.  We don't have room in our safe to store orders for weeks until the other submission is completed.  This would also apply to different services.  We can't tag one Modern invoice that is just for grading to another Modern invoice that is in for grading and pressing as that one will be here a lot longer.  

Also, comics can only ship out 25 slabbed books per box so if they are wanting invoices that have more than that number of books, we wouldn't be able to ship them together anyway.  

If a customer has two like tiers that they want shipped together, they can write it on their packing slip when they send it in or they can call/email us here.